Tara
user 6571667
Needham, MA
There were 2 great meetup ideas proposed this past week:

#1 French Film
Beginning Friday, July 9 and for one week only, the Coolidge Corner Theatre will show the 50th Anniversary restoration of Jean-Luc Godard's classic French film BREATHLESS. Film-critic-turned-director Jean-Luc Godard told his tale of a car thief and cop killer (Jean-Paul Belmondo) trying to get back together with his American expatriate girlfriend (Jean Seberg) with a speed and looseness that made most Hollywood films of the era seem as though they were asleep at the wheel. With its dazzling hand-held camera work by Raoul Coutard, natural lighting, and revolutionary use of jump cuts (which Godard thought of on-the-fly to quicken the pace of each scene), BREATHLESS taught people to look at cinema in a whole new way, and has had a lasting influence on the filmmakers who followed.

#2 Bastille Day Celebration
The Beehive will be making musical history during their 3rd Annual Bastille Day Celebration on July 14, 2010 from 5:30PM-2:00AM. The evening will begin as The Beehive?s Patio opens up at 5:30PM, mimicking the Parisian streets complete with pay-as-you-go street food carts, mimes, cocktail specials and many more special surprises with French flair! Join in on one of the most authentic and exclusive Bastille Day celebrations in the United States!

Unfortunately I cannot attend either -- I am looking for a volunteer to organize each of these events. I can make you an "assistant organizer" through Meetup and you can propose the event along with time and meeting location. Let me know ASAP if you are interested!

Thanks,
Tara