The Portland French Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › Does anyone feed their frenchie raw dehydrated food?

Does anyone feed their frenchie raw dehydrated food?

Rory-Lee
RoryLeeMoonshine
Portland, OR
Post #: 20
Hello,

Our frenchies have been eating Orijen and Acana, but recently developed allergies. The vet suggested single source protein but not beef, chicken, lamb or fish. I found a brand called Addiction out of Australia. They have several novel proteins such as bushtail and kangaroo. Only their venison kibble is grain free, however all of their raw dehydrated formulas are grain free. Does anyone feed their frenchie raw dehydrated food? Would you mind sharing your experience? Or if anyone has an opinion about this, I would love to hear your thoughts as well.

Cathy
Mom to Rory Lee and Chester.
Molly B.
user 13134467
Portland, OR
Post #: 8
Hi Cathy

Bogart's been on a mix. I give him NW Naturals raw (frozen) which he does awesome on, usually the turkey or bison formulas. I've also given him Stella and Chewy's freeze dried raw, which he's also done well on. Stella and chewy's comes in freeze dried and frozen

I've heard good things about Addiction, but have not tried them (yet).

Miss Muffett has a lot of sensitivities to food and she's on First Mate Ocean Formula kibble (herring and mackerel). It's a very limited ingredient food- basically meat source, potatoes and vitamins, and a lot of dogs with allergies and gut issues do well on it.

My best advice, however, is to talk to the folks at "Meat For Cats and Dogs" on east burnside (near 20th I think) who have the largest selection and most experience with raw food of all sorts, and a large selection of quality kibble as well. I've been to most of the better pet stores around town, and these folks know their stuff.

Good luck!
Kelly S.
user 13729941
Portland, OR
Post #: 10
I would also suggest talking to the folks at Meat. We have gotten lucky so far with Jimmy our Frenchie, he's a tank and seems to be able to eat anything without side effects. Well, maybe he can be more gaseous when he eats something he shouldn't but.....

When our cat became diabetic a raw food diet was suggested. I went to Meat which is on 22nd and Burnside and they were a huge source of info from books to read, how to make it yourself, the pros and cons, etc. etc. Not to mention their stock of frozen stock is very extensive.

Good luck.