add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Portland French Bulldog Meetup Group Message Board › Come celebrate a local Frenchie's recovery and life after suffering from IVDD!

Come celebrate a local Frenchie's recovery and life after suffering from IVDD!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that on Saturday, March 23 at 12:00pm - the Unleashed store on 39th & Powell will be hosting a special event for Sookie, a local French Bulldog who was recently diagnosed with IVDD (Intrvertebral Disc Disease) and was suddenly paralyzed.

Sookie's parents came home one day to find that she could not walk when trying to let her out of her crate. They immediately rushed her to the vet, and it took many tests before the diagnosis was positive for IVDD. The only way Sookie would ever walk again was to have a very expensive surgery that came with a lot of risks. Well, the benefit outweighed the risk, the procedure was performed, and Sookie is now in recovery.

There has been an outpouring of support from the community - Unleashed donated money to the family to cover the remainder of Sookie's vet bill, Blue Buffalo will be making a special donation, Wet Noses is donating a "Get Well" dog cake as well as other great things for the family.

Unleashed decided to host a celebration - not a fundraiser - so that the community can come out and show their support by bringing in their Frenchies and other dogs too, of course! I wanted to let you all know about the event in hopes some of you will be able to make it out. There will be lots of gifts, samples, raffles and contests going on, as well as $5 self washes (normally $10).

Please let me know if you'd like anymore info!
Rachel B.
user 11956254
Portland, OR
Post #: 3
Hi there! I just saw your post, and the situation with Sookie sounds very similar to what my dog is going through. The surgery is going to cost us at least $5000 and we are doing EVERYTHING we can to help raise funds and awareness. For some reason I am unable to link my original post, but it is titled "Frenchie Needs your HELP!"

We have set up a site to accept donations which can be found here: http://www.youcaring....­

I'm hoping that you could help connect us with organizations that could help us and perhaps you could help us get the word out as well.

Thanks so much!!