addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
user 103086092
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1

I just adopted a 3-month old frenchie named Tuna! I purchased him from a breeder in the USA. She informed me that my frenchie has had his 6 week and 8 week DHPP vaccine, and he only needed one more shot (at 12 weeks)to be fully vaccinated. However, when I took him to the vet here (I went to see Dr. Koit on Kingsway), he informed me that my puppy would need 2 more shots, since the one given at 6 weeks was too early.

I don't really want to pay for an extra vaccine and put my puppy through more stress of getting a shot... so I was wondering if I should go to a different vet and get a second opinion? Can anyone recommend a good vet for Tuna?

Also I'm still on the hunt for Pet Insurance if anyone has any other recommendations. I checked out trupanion but their rates are a bit much for me...