Out and About Winnipeg is for those who want to meet new people and explore what the city has to offer. As organizer of this meetup, my goal is to attract a group of people who are interested in joining the company of others in various social activities around town, including dining out, drinks, festivals, sporting events, arts and theater. I run it like a community service, to encourage people to get out in the city and enjoy it. This is not a dating/singles group.
The group is to bring people together and give them ideas of things to do in Winnipeg. If you have been wanting to get out, but not alone, this group is for you! Come have fun and meet new people who want to get Out and About!
Life is what YOU make of it. Discover the treasures that the city holds and create a passion to participate in what this city offers. I welcome you to come out and experience this city, and in turn meet some really great people!
1) All Out & About Winnipeg Social Group meet ups will take place in public places within the limits of the City of Winnipeg.
2) There is no charge to join the Out & About Winnipeg Social Group.
3) This social group is for adults 18 years and up. EACH MEMBER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN WAY TO AND FROM A MEET UP.
4) There will be a $2 set up fee per person per meet up, unless otherwise noted on the meet up outing screen. The money is to cover the basic cost of running the website. It will be collected at the start of the meet up.
5) As members get to know one another friendships occur and you are welcome to make plans to do things with your friends outside of the group.
6) If for some reason a member is uncomfortable doing things outside of scheduled meet ups their wishes should be respected.
7) Everyone that signs up to be part of the Out & About Winnipeg Social group agree to respect others thoughts and opinions, especially that of religious beliefs.
8) To be part of the social group, click on the top right corner and follow the prompts to create a profile page for yourself.
9) When you see a meet up you would be interested in participating in, add yourself in by clicking on RSVP and reserve your spot.
10) I will not be using wait lists any longer. June 28, 2013. I tried it out for a little while and do not like using them.
Remember Safety First:
Some people like to arrange carpooling. It can be a good idea, but does have some risk.
Please understand this is an open group to both men and women. When you advertise carpooling, you never know who you are inviting into your vehicle.
So carpooling is not endorsed by me for this group and is at your own discretion. I want all to have a safe fun time at the meet ups.
If you decide, you want to offer rides, you should use good common sense and get to know the person a bit before you invite them into your car.
Also, you should never feel obligated to drive another person. It is at your own discretion and comfort if you do.
I believe carpooling can be a lovely idea, but since this is open to so many people on the internet it is best to use some discretion.
Tip to help make your Meet up experience more enjoyable:
Each of the meet ups has it's own flavour. In other words, they can all be a little different.
The more members that come out, means there is less chance for me to stay and talk with you.
So come with an open mind and join in with people you think you would like to get to know.
If you are shy and need a little assistance in mingling, come see me and I will do my best to help you feel a little more comfortable in the outing.
People that come later, end up taking the seats that are left over. In other words, there could be other people you would get along better with but don't know it yet since you didn't get a chance to talk to them.
A great way to get into a meet up is try to talk to as many people as you can in the group, even if it is simply small talk. This should help you to warm up and feel more relaxed.