Out and About Winnipeg is for those who want to meet new people and explore what the city has to offer. As organizer of this meetup, my goal is to attract a group of people who are interested in joining the company of others in various social activities around town, including dining out, drinks, festivals, sporting events, arts and theater. I run it like a community service, to encourage people to get out in the city and enjoy it. This is not a dating/singles group.
The group is to bring people together and give them ideas of things to do in Winnipeg. If you have been wanting to get out, but not alone, this group is for you! Come have fun and meet new people who want to get Out and About!
Life is what YOU make of it. Discover the treasures that the city holds and create a passion to participate in what this city offers. I welcome you to come out and experience this city, and in turn meet some really great people!
1) All Out & About Winnipeg Social Group meet ups will take place in public places within the limits of the City of Winnipeg.
2) There is no charge to join the Out & About Winnipeg Social Group.
3) This social group is for adults 18 years and up.
4) There will be a $2 set up fee per person per meet up, unless otherwise noted on the meet up outing screen. The money is to cover the basic cost of running the website. It will be collected at the start of the meet up.
5) As members get to know one another friendships occur and you are welcome to make plans to do things with your friends outside of the group.
6) If for some reason a member is uncomfortable doing things outside of scheduled meet ups their wishes should be respected.
7) Everyone that signs up to be part of the Out & About Winnipeg Social group agree to respect others thoughts and opinions, especially that of religious beliefs.
8) To be part of the social group, click on the top right corner and follow the prompts to create a profile page for yourself.
9) When you see a meet up you would be interested in participating in, add yourself in by clicking on RSVP and reserve your spot.
***I do not use waiting lists as other meet up groups do. If you see a meet up you would like to go to, but it says it is full, email me and I will do my best to squeeze you in a.s.a.p.
Remember Safety First:
Some people like to arrange carpooling. It can be a good idea, but does have some risk.
Please understand this is an open group to both men and women. When you advertise carpooling, you never know who you are inviting into your vehicle.
So carpooling is not endorsed by me for this group and is at your own discretion. I want all to have a safe fun time at the meet ups.
If you decide, you want to offer rides, you should use good common sense and get to know the person a bit before you invite them into your car.
Also, you should never feel obligated to drive another person. It is at your own discretion and comfort if you do.
I believe carpooling can be a lovely idea, but since this is open to so many people on the internet it is best to use some discretion.
Tip to help make your Meet up experience more enjoyable:
Each of the meet ups has it's own flavour. In other words, they can all be a little different.
The more members that come out, means there is less chance for me to stay and talk with you.
So come with an open mind and join in with people you think you would like to get to know.
If you are shy and need a little assistance in mingling, come see me and I will do my best to help you feel a little more comfortable in the outing.
People that come later, end up taking the seats that are left over. In other words, there could be other people you would get along better with but don't know it yet since you didn't get a chance to talk to them.
A great way to get into a meet up is try to talk to as many people as you can in the group, even if it is simply small talk. This should help you to warm up and feel more relaxed.
May 19, 1 - 10 pm & May 20, 1 - 5 pm | Under the Canopy Cultural performances will be held under the canopy on both days and a drum festival will be held on Sunday evening 7 to 10 pm. Cultural demonstration will be held in the Forks Market.
Assiniboine Park is throwing open its gates to summer, releasing its list of music, movies, and art exhibitions for 2013.
This year’s Free Red River Co-op Summer Entertainment Series, running June through August, has more than 30 events including weekly musical acts at the Lyric Theatre, jazz in the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden and the ever-popular Movies in the Park.
Movies in the Park this summer will include:
Brave, The Croods, Life of Pi, Dirty Dancing, and The Avengers.
WAG - Winnipeg Art Gallery - Centennial Celebration
May 11 to August 18, 2013
100 Masterworks being brought to Canada
Rembrandt and Renoir. Van Gogh and Gainsborough. Matisse and Picasso. Some big names are coming to the WAG as our Centennial year culminates in an historic show for the WAG and for Winnipeg – the presentation of 100 masterworks borrowed from 26 museums across Canada. Celebrating our country’s national and international holdings, Only in Canada brings together 50 Canadian works and 50 European and American works spanning the last six centuries.
Hours: Tuesday through Sunday 11:00am to 5:00pm; until 9:00pm on Friday.