Scaleability Intro: why do we need new tools for scalability?
• CPU clock speed is not becoming faster anymore, but we have more cores
• We learned how to build efficient sequential programs, how to parallelize?
• Scala based solutions out of the box for parallel processing
"AKKA actors written in Scala, but give VIP service to Java, too!"
45 min by: Lior Perry "Tikal"
• Your code is guaranteed to run in single thread
• The whole system will run in zillion (soft) threads
"Scala in all its glory"
45 min by: Nimrod Argov "Tikal"
immutable collections and functional programming: scalability from day one.
• Forget the copy-on-write dinosaurs
• How do you modify things in immutable collections - with benchmarks
• Oz - style dataflow concurrency by Akka: how to be deterministic and composable in the asynchronous world?