1st Session agenda 13/1/14 (Java oriented):
- Brief introduction - 0.5 h
- Web application hands on -4 h
- Basic web application, structure, config
- Creating REST API
- Using WebSockets
- Play modules - 0.5 h
2nd Session agenda 20/1/14 (Scala only):
- Being ready to scale - reactive programming
- Using ReactiveMongo with Play
- Iteratee / Enumerator / Enumeratee
- Akka actors
- Akka dataflow (if we have time)
You need to bring a laptop with Play distribution as a zip (2.2.1) and Scala enabled IDE. IntelliJ has great support for Play 2, for eclipse users it's the best to download ScalaIDE from http://scala-ide.org/...
Git installed on the laptop, and you know how to clone a project from GitHub and switch branches (a MUST for the workshop).
The first session does not require previous Scala knowledge, but the second one requires familiarity with basic Scala syntax and standard libraries. At least read this short book: http://typesafe.com/resources/book/scala-for-the-impatient
This workshop has two sessions on [masked] AND [masked] PLEASE RSVP TO THEM BOTH!
Join the online conversation at the Full Stack Developers Facebook group page.