Chef & Vagrant for Dev 'n' Ops - managing and infrastructure's lifecycle using Opscode Chef & Vagrant. We will cover Chef and how to use / implement it. Understand a software development lifecycle using vagrant.
Day 1 - Getting Started:
- Introduction to Chef - understanding Chef components and concepts
- Installing the tools for these two sessions - files will be available offline
- A cookbook lifecycle :: Writing a cookbook - hands on
- A cookbook lifecycle :: Improving a cookbook - hands on
- Introduction to Vagrant
- Testing our cookbook with Vagrant - hands on
Workshop will have a lot of hands-on - bring your laptops !
Day 2 - Diving Deeper:
- Recap day 1
- The wrapper cookbook - hands on
- Managing dependencies
- Chef server vs. Chef solo
- Chef solo route - configuring and using chef solo
- The Vagrant (solo) way
- Chef server route -> use vagrant to setup your chef server - hands on
- Chef server route -> use vagrant to setup your chef workstation - hands on
- Converging nodes with Chef server (and client ...) - hands on (Bootstrap & Converge)
Summarize + Open discussion / Q&A
PLEASE NOTE !
This workshop has two sessions on [masked] AND [masked] PLEASE RSVP TO THEM BOTH !
Join the online conversation at the Full Stack Developers Facebook group page.