Alternative to the Bar Fun Things To Do In NYC Today! Message Board › Tickets to Talley's Folly, Orchestra, & More

Tickets to Talley's Folly, Orchestra, & More

user 7950922
New York, NY
Hello Everyone,

Here is what I have for Valentine’s Day Week: Great orchestra seats available for the new production of the Pulitzer Prize Winning comedy TALLEY’S FOLLY on Wednesday 2/13 (2pm and 7:30pm). CHINA NATIONAL SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA for one performance only on Sat 2/16 at 8pm, LEND ME A TENOR Opening Night performance at Paper Mill Playhouse Sun 2/17 at 7pm, as well as a few tickets left for the lovely Valentine’s Day concert starring LIZ CALLAWAY (Broadway Star and Emmy Winner) at the Mayo Center on 2/14 at 8pm.  For those in NYC, the NJ shows are at theatres right near very convenient train lines on NJ Transit (and good restaurants).

Let me know what show you are interested in, which performance, and how many tickets you would like.

All tickets are $30 each.

TALLEY’S FOLLY Laura Pels (Roundabout) Theatre, W. 46th St corner of 6th Ave

- Wednesday 2/13 at 2pm

- Wednesday 2/13 at 7:30pm

Excellent Orchestra seats!

Lanford Wilson's Pulitzer Prize-winning comedy Talley’s Folly returns in a joyful and moving new production starring Tony Award® nominee Danny Burstein (Golden Boy, Follies) and Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominee Sarah Paulson (“American Horror Story,” Roundabout’s Crimes of the Heart).

At the end of World War II, Matt Friedman, a Jewish immigrant who has spent his life keeping others at a distance, returns to the small town where he first met Sally Talley. Nothing like her conservative Protestant family and neighbors, Sally is a nurse with deep misgivings about the country’s future. After a lifetime of believing they’ll never truly belong in the world around them, Matt has worked up the courage to ask Sally for her hand, and convince her that they do belong—together.

Michael Wilson (The Best Man, Roundabout’s The Milk Train Doesn’t Stop Here Anymore) directs this funny and heart-warming play about finding love when you stopped looking.

Lehman Center Performing Arts, 250 Bedford Park Blvd. West, at Goulden Ave., the Bronx

- Saturday, 2/16 at 8pm

Asia's First-Class Symphonic Orchestra
Conductor - Xincao Li
Piano Soloist - Wu Muye

One of the outstanding professional orchestras in China, this revered ensemble is renowned for its splendid artistry, tremendous dedication, and consummate professionalism. Founded in 1956, the China National Symphony Orchestra has spent the last half century promoting Chinese symphonic works to audiences across the globe while introducing Chinese audiences to an expansive repertoire of orchestral works by both Western and Asian composers. "A mature group with a vital sound," says the London Times.

LEND ME A TENOR Paper Mill Playhouse 22 Brookside Dr., Millburn, NJ

- Sunday, 2/17 at 7pm - opening night

A hysterically funny, door-slamming comedy! The renowned "Il Stupendo" is scheduled to sing the lead in the opera Otello. Chaos ensues when his wife mistakenly leaves him a "Dear John" letter and the distraught singer is accidentally given a double dose of tranquilizers. What follows is a laugh-out-loud chain reaction of mistaken identity, farcical plot twists, double entendres, and musical mayheim!

"One of the two great farces by a living writer." —The New York Times

"Uproarious! Hysterical!" —USA Today

"Screamingly funny!" —CBS Radio

Mayo Center for Performing Arts, 100 South Street, Morristown, NJ

- Valentines Day, Thursday, 2/14 at 8pm

Starring Liz Callaway (Tony Nominee and Emmy Winner), Will & Anthony Nunziata and Special Guests. A special Valentine's Day concert! Love songs, romantic favorites and music that touch the heart, as performed by Liz Callaway (Cats, Miss Saigon), Anthony and Will Nunziata, Ben Crawford (Shrek the Musical), Christina Bianco and Nikki Renee Daniels (Porgy & Bess).

Liz Callaway is a Tony®Nominee and Emmy Award-winning actress, singer and recording artist. She made her Broadway debut in Stephen Sondheim's Merrily We Roll Along, received a Tony Award nomination for her performance in Baby, and for five years, won acclaim as Grizabella in Cats. She has also starred in the original casts of Miss Saigon, The Three Musketeers, and The Look of Love.
Off-Broadway she received a Drama Desk nomination for her performance in The Spitfire Grill (Playwrights Horizons), and also appeared in Brownstone (Roundabout), No Way to Treat a Lady, Marry Me a Little, and Godspell. Other New York appearances include the legendary Follies in Concert at Lincoln Center, A Stephen Sondheim Evening, Fiorello! (Encores!), and Hair in Concert. Regionally, she starred as Venus in the Chicago Ovations! production of One Touch of Venus, in Elegies at Reprise! in Los Angeles, and Fascinating Rhythm at Hartford Stage.

Will & Anthony Nunziata
Will and Anthony have been performing since they were children.

"Our mom said we had been singing since the womb," Anthony said. "There's a photo of my Dad teaching us a song when we were 4 months old. He was our first musical director."

Will added, "One of my earliest memories is having a karaoke machine. Mom was filming while Will and I were singing, and Dad was wrapping our Christmas presents behind our backs. We were singing 'Jingle Bells.'" Dubbed "a dynamic duo with beautiful voices and charming personalities" by Cleveland Pops conductor Carl Topilow, Will and Anthony have traveled the world - from New York to San Francisco to Singapore - with their duo concert act.
Some of their recent television appearances include ABC's "Good Morning America," NBC's "Columbus Day Parade" and "The Rachael Ray Show."