addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Furlife Message Board › where to find faux fur in the seattle area?

where to find faux fur in the seattle area?

fenrirs_child
fenrirs_child
Lynnwood, WA
Post #: 1
ok guys, i came in from phoenix last week, and i don't have a clue what's around here... i'm currently in kenmore, and i'm looking to find about a yard of white medium pile fur... any suggestions? kthxbai

-Fen
Razzy L.
user 12320526
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Okay, I totally know what you mean. I'm actually new to the whole fursuiting buisness so the only place I know of to find faux fur is at Joanne Fabrics. I'm sure there's more places, but I buy mine online. (Amazon.com)
fenrirs_child
fenrirs_child
Lynnwood, WA
Post #: 2
well, i knew a few cute little fabric shops in phoenix, and i'm sure in a city as big as seattle there has to be some secret treasure trove some kind fur will share with us ~<3
Fiory W.
user 11966370
Lynnwood, WA
Post #: 16
Oh ick, don't go to Joanne's for fur. <.<''''' The one by my house (the Lynnwood Joannes) just has the crappiest feeling fur imaginable.

I get all my fur at DistinctiveFabrics.com. They have a decent selection of colors in their long pile fur and it's really soft too. I would recommend them the best. Unfortunately, the only other place where you might be able to get decent fur would be Pacific Fabrics, but they're really expensive (about 25$ a yard for fur, where as DistinctiveFabrics.com is 19$ a yard for fur and if you buy enough yardage of it, they give you a discount on your whole order...I likes them a lot. :P )

Hope this helps. :D
Eternally C.
user 10923537
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 17
Pacific iron and metal outlet on 4th Ave South near the post office has a lot of fur some nice white and is open 7 days a week the fabrics are upstairs , look for my picture on the wall! ( shame less plug)
A former member
Post #: 8
I actually order my fur online, DistinctiveFabric.com has some high quality shit :3
Michael J F.
DonFoxie
Seattle, WA
Post #: 35
I'm Stuffed and Mendel's are also both great websites.
Locally, there are a few places to get fur. "Display and Costume" (Northgate location) and "Nancy's Sewing Basket" come to mind, although they're definitely pricier than the websites.

I also have limited amounts of fur in stock in my workshop.

Next time you're headed out fur shopping, mind dropping me a line? Might be cool to come with :3
Haven't checked what's out there in a while.

--Michael J
fenrirs_child
fenrirs_child
Lynnwood, WA
Post #: 3
zomg it would be totally awesome to go on a fur raid with some local furries! Also, i have some medium pile tipped fox fur and some long pile black fur with guard hairs, that i brought with me all the way from Arizona, if anyone might want to do a trade ;3
M.V.Hybrid
user 8239118
Longview, WA
Post #: 11
While, I know nothing beats going out and picking out the perfect fur yourself if you don't find what you're looking for. Due to the fact that there's no fabric store within 40 miles of me (aside from JoAn's but I try my best not to use them for fur purposes) I have to go on-line for a lot of my fur.

http://www.fabric.com...­

http://www.crscraft.c...­

These are sites that I frequently use; I find them to be very reliable.
Michael J F.
DonFoxie
Seattle, WA
Post #: 36
Sure man! I'm free whenever, and I'd be happy to see what you've got and whether I have anything to trade for it o.O