Furlife Message Board › Much ado about Fursuits.

Much ado about Fursuits.

Alex S.
StaticTheFox
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 4
Hello thar fellow furs! I'm currently pondering getting a fursuit, but I have some questions:

1. Build or buy?
2. Is it possible to have muscle tone on the body suit?
3. How would a tight suit be done?

What are your thoughts? :o
shuga's h.
user 30757452
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
imo, if u have the skills and money, mostly money, to make your own I would take that route, its the only way it will look exactly like whats in your minds eye.
and id imagine you could do muscle tone.. but it'd be heavy, and most likely uncomfortable and hot.
Exdraghunt
user 13050616
Seattle, WA
Post #: 60
Building your own suit is typically cheaper than buying one, but depending on your personal level of artistic ability, you may be less satisfied with the final project and it may not be as durable as a professionally made fursuit.

With muscle tone, sewing muscles into the fursuit isn't particularly easy, but it can be done. For example, Bluff
http://www.furaffinit...­ . Having the extra layer of foam means the suit will be warmer than a normal one, though, so you have to consider comfort along with looks.

One tutorial about bodysuits with foam shaping is from Nicodemus, here http://www.nicodemus....­

Form fitting, or skintight suits, are another thing that is possible though not particularly simple. You'll need a Duck Tape Dummy of yourself, firstly. Then it's a matter of making a mockup out of muslin, then tailoring it to be form fitting, then using that as your fur pattern. You do have to remember that fur doesn't stretch very well, so there are places (such as the crotch, knees, and armpit) where it will need to be loose simple so that you can move.
Alex S.
StaticTheFox
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 5
I'm mostly wanting a slim yet toned look to it. I'd probably need guidance/help with design if I did make it myself.
Alex S.
StaticTheFox
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 6
I'm thinking of buying a head and making the rest of the suit
Exdraghunt
user 13050616
Seattle, WA
Post #: 61
That's one way to do it. Heads are generally the hardest part, though for a tight, fitting bodysuit you will need a good knowledge of sewing. Gussets, tailoring, and the like. I'd be willing to help out, I'm sure some other locals would too.
Alex S.
StaticTheFox
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 7
That's one way to do it. Heads are generally the hardest part, though for a tight, fitting bodysuit you will need a good knowledge of sewing. Gussets, tailoring, and the like. I'd be willing to help out, I'm sure some other locals would too.
Sweet! I can try to arrange something if I get a head! :D