Furlife Message Board › WFS 10 - AKA Why are all these people trying to snuggle me?!

WFS 10 - AKA Why are all these people trying to snuggle me?!

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi guys, gals, et cetera!

I'm new to the area (from Michigan). This is going to be my first Furlife event, and my SECOND EVAR furry event (the first being MFF a few years ago). I was planning to come to WFS10 with someone, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

So my question is... what's the atmosphere like at one of these? Everyone seems like they know everyone else, BUT I'M A STRANGER! I'm having horrible flashbacks to awkward high school events where I didn't know anyone and just existed rather than participated, lol.

I know, you're all thinking "What? A furry with introverted tendencies? NO WAI!" And to those people, I say, "Yes wai!" and "Give me your pez!"

Thoughts? Advice? Humorous anecdotes?
...... Pez?
Blaidd G.
user 26783562
Seattle, WA
Post #: 20
Don't worry. Everyone was new at some point. Even me. (gasp) The first couple times can feel a little awkward, but we're very friendly.
Mortuest
Fur-curious
Seattle, WA
I'm newish as well (only been to a couple events), but everyone is really cool and makes you feel welcome here. I'm sure you'll have a blast.
Sam T.
user 35226522
Spokane, WA
It was my first meetup with the group for the anniversary FurBQ, and being honest I didn't know what to expect, but I had a great time, and everyone was extremely nice. If you go to bowling, make sure find me and say hi. I would say that I'm extremely nice, in or out of suit :D
A former member
Post #: 6
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'm happy to report that through pure luck (since I'm decidedly lacking in bowling SKILL), I won one of the little mini-contests and got a registration pass for next year. So now I'll HAVE to come to WFS11 :-D

Was lots of fun. Thanks to my lane-mates (Brook, Logan, Other-Logan... not sure which one of you was the "other Logan", but you can battle for it in the Thunderdome) and everyone else who was nice and friendly to a new 'roo on the block.