Furlife Message Board › Venue Issues

Venue Issues

MaxCoyote
Fursuiter-Brony
Seattle, WA
Post #: 139
So, I have more then one meetup right now in limbo for one problem.

Damn venues. I can't find any venues for my meetups!! Kenmore Lanes got close, their their rules keep me from doing the type of meetups I wanna do. What I need is a venue that is:

- Indoors
- Allows outside food and drink
- Tables & chairs
- Affordable (approx $50 a day or less)
- No noise restrictions
- Can accommodate 50 people or more.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Ryan (.
Skyan
Seattle, WA
Post #: 88
I'd say you just described the park where the anniversary BBQ is held at. Have you tried looking for similar parks?
Eternally C.
user 10923537
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 83
Maybe a church hall or the Y?
MaxCoyote
Fursuiter-Brony
Seattle, WA
Post #: 140
I'd say you just described the park where the anniversary BBQ is held at. Have you tried looking for similar parks?

Well, we'd be playing board games and cards, so It really should be indoors. That and it's winter too. Sorry, I should of put that on my list. My bad.
MaxCoyote
Fursuiter-Brony
Seattle, WA
Post #: 141
Maybe a church hall or the Y?

Do you have any info on that? The Y website isn't helping at all.
SiberHamster
user 20741891
Seattle, WA
Post #: 14
You might want to see if someone in the group has access to a cabana in their Apartment/Condo complex? (Might be your best bet for cost/time/space)

How about a public community center? (all day may not fit your $50 budget)

If you host the event (not in a private home) and there is alcohol served, you will probably also need a Banquet Permit to be all on the up and up.

~C>
MaxCoyote
Fursuiter-Brony
Seattle, WA
Post #: 142
You might want to see if someone in the group has access to a cabana in their Apartment/Condo complex? (Might be your best bet for cost/time/space)

How about a public community center? (all day may not fit your $50 budget)
~C>

Both are too expensive. I've looked into both. Brook offered his apartment complex's rec room, but it's like $120 a day. Local community centers are also too expensive. They are about $30 an HOUR, which would cost hundreds for just one day. They USED to be free, but I guess my tax money is better spent on guns.
MaxCoyote
Fursuiter-Brony
Seattle, WA
Post #: 143
Currently looking into library meeting rooms. They aren't what would work, but it's all I got for now. The movie nights would NOT work in libraries, but the "When Furnerds Deal" would work till the venue got bigger.

Honestly, I just wanna win the lottery and make a "Furlife Community Center" out in the country with bunk rooms, dining halls, and movie rooms. :3
Maeve 'Mae' A.
user 61836002
Seattle, WA
Post #: 4
I have a large library not to far from where I live, and it looks like they dont have a noise restriction, along with they have the ability to hook up game systems. there is a near by small park and little water area. I am currently in the process of talking to them about there restrictions on attire and things like that, I will let you know with details with what this library says ^^
This library allows outside food, and it seems as if you can be pretty loud. Not sure Ill get back to you when I know more!
MaxCoyote
Fursuiter-Brony
Seattle, WA
Post #: 144
I have a large library not to far from where I live, and it looks like they dont have a noise restriction, along with they have the ability to hook up game systems. there is a near by small park and little water area. I am currently in the process of talking to them about there restrictions on attire and things like that, I will let you know with details with what this library says ^^
This library allows outside food, and it seems as if you can be pretty loud. Not sure Ill get back to you when I know more!

That sounds great! Let me know. :)