|Sent on:||Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:47 PM|
Senior Software Engineer
Our client is looking for a senior 3D software engineer in Austin and to assist our growing customer base in the US.
Our client is a a privately owned company committed to providing groundbreaking game engine technology and first-class support to video game and serious game development studios across the globe. Engineered to provide more creative and technical freedom, the company’s product is currently in use in more than 125 commercial game productions.
We’re looking for an experienced 3D software engineer who can think out-of-the-box and who is not afraid to push the envelope of modern PC and game console development to bolster up the US office in Austin. You will design and implement new cutting-edge features on multiple game platforms, and port existing code to new and emerging platforms. As a senior developer and part of the core development team, you will work closely with the team in Austin as well as with client's Technical Director to make our proven technology even better.
In addition to that, you’ll be providing technical support to the growing US customer base, providing prompt and sophisticated solutions to prospective and existing customers and assisting them via phone and email as well as on-site if required.
The ideal candidate combines a passion for games and game technology with strong DirectX/OpenGL skills and experience in console programming (Xbox360, PS3, Wii or GameCube) plus great communication and social skills with an intrinsic passion to make a difference.
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of professional C++ development
- Very good knowledge of 3D graphics and algorithms
- Very good knowledge of both DirectX and OpenGL
- Experience with console programming
- Solid experience in concurrent programming
- Strong problem solving and optimization skills
- Ability to master existing code
- Consultant skills, including expectation setting, collaborative problem resolution
- Good communication skills (English)
- Prior game development and/or middleware development experience
- BSCS or equivalent, or related industrial experience
If interested contact: [address removed]
This email message originally included an attachment.