addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Re: [gamedev-161] Re: [gamedev-161]

From: Eli R.
Sent on: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:20 AM
Just so you're aware, your account doesn't have to be hacked for that to happen. There are local-machine email clients that can send out email messages with any sender information they want, even accounts that don't exist at all, and they don't have to come from the domain they *say* they're from. Obviously, always a good idea to change passwords and security questions anyway with this stuff. But when I think about it, you're probably right that your account is compromised, given the message went to a legitimate contact. But be aware, it could be your group account that's compromised instead of your email, so you should change both of them, and likely other accounts which might be looted through either of those. Also, check for any fishy background processes if you can, keyloggers can ruin the whole mess all over again (even if you're on a mac :p).

Joseph Burchett <[address removed]> wrote:

>It appears my email has been hacked or something, idunno...  If these random spam messages keep getting sent, please don't click anything in them...  Sorry for the trouble. 
>
>
>
>
>________________­________________
>From: Gary Deng <[address removed]>
>To: [address removed]
>Sent: Mon, March 15,[masked]:08:22 PM
>Subject: Re: [gamedev-161] Re: [gamedev-161]
>
>Ya, it also seemed out of character for Joe to send an email without a subject title.
>
>
>On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Joseph Burchett <[address removed]> wrote:
>
>Don't click it...  I was just as suprised as you when I got the message.  Looking into see why it was sent out.
>>
>>
>>>----- Original Message -----
>>>From: "Sterling" <[address removed]>
>>>To: [address removed]
>>>Sent: Monday, March 15,[masked]:01:40 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
>>>Subject:­ [gamedev-161] Re: [gamedev-161]
>>
>>>what is this? that URL doesnt look friendly...
>>
>>
>>
>>>On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Joseph Burchett < [address removed] > wrote:
>>
>>
>>http://sites.goog...­
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>--
>>>Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ( [address removed] )
>>http://www.meetup...­
>>>This message was sent by Joseph Burchett ( [address removed] ) from The Sacramento Game Development Meetup Group.
>>>To learn more about Joseph Burchett, visit his/her member profile: http://www.meetup...­
>>>To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here: http://www.meetup...­
>>>Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>--
>>>Please Note: If you hit " REPLY ", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ( [address removed] )
>>>This message was sent by Sterling ([address removed]) from The Sacramento Game Development Meetup Group .
>>>To learn more about Sterling, visit his/her member profile
>>>To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
>>
>>>Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>>--
>>>Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
>>http://www.meetup...­
>>>This message was sent by Joseph Burchett ([address removed]) from The Sacramento Game Development Meetup Group.
>>>To learn more about Joseph Burchett, visit his/her member profile: http://www.meetup...­
>>>To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here: http://www.meetup...­
>>>Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>--
>Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
>This message was sent by Gary Deng ([address removed]) from The Sacramento Game Development Meetup Group.
>To learn more about Gary Deng, visit his/her member profile
>To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
>
>Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]  
>
>
>      

Our Sponsors

  • California Capital FDC

    CA Capital provides programs for Small Business growth in Sacramento!

  • Nascent Games

    Helping pave the way for a full-on Indie Game Hub here in Sacramento!

  • Ninja Pandas

    Offering educational game development sessions to IGDA Sac members.

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy