Playcrafting NYC Meetup Message Board › 2D Game Artist looking for work!

2D Game Artist looking for work!

Veronica
user 18777611
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hello everyone! My name is Veronica, I'm a Miami girl, trying to make it here in NYC.
I heard NYC is the city where dreams are made of, here's hoping mine comes true!!

I'm looking for a position as a 2D artist in NYC. I've completed 3 art related internships, 2 relating to games and 1 to graphic novels. I've also worked on 3 games, 2 of which I worked as lead artist on, for the iPhone and iPad.

For the past 3 years I've been running my own, very profitable business making adult graphic novels, but in the end I'm not really happy with the type of work I do. I'm looking for a position where I can be creative, have a voice in a productive team, and of course not be embarrassed to show my Mom my art! The loss in income would be less important to me for the PERFECT job. I really hope to start my career and find my 'forever home' at a fun and creative gaming studio!

As much as I love ideas that some startups and non-profits have, I can't take non-paid positions. I'm really sorry, but I have no one to cover my expenses for me.

If you're interested in looking at my work, please visit my site here:
http://www.wix.com/ve...­

Please pass my information along if you know any companies who are hiring. I'd greatly appreciate it!

-Veronica