Playcrafting NYC Meetup Message Board › Video Game/Interactive Media Law Class--Weds., Nov. 28 2-5PM (CLE Available)

Video Game/Interactive Media Law Class--Weds., Nov. 28 2-5PM (CLE Available)

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to NY Gaming Meetup Members:

I wanted to send you information about a class that Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA) is offering on Wednesday (November 28) from 2-5PM on the law specifically relevant to emerging video game and digital media businesses. It will be taught by Greg Boyd of Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC, a leading lawyer in the field and is suitable to both non-attorneys and attorneys interested in learning about the foundational legal issues that affect the games and interactive media industries.

(NOTE TO NEW YORK ATTORNEYS: This course will provide 3.0 CLE credits to both Transitional and Non-Transitional attorneys (1.0 Areas of Professional Practice, 2.0 Skills).)

I have pasted below the information for the below. I would be very grateful if you could consider attending, if you could please kindly forward it along to anyone else who you think might be interested.

I should also note that for individuals of limited means, VLA may be able to provide, on a case-by-case basis, need-based scholarships that would make the course even more affordable -- please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to inquire further about this, or if you have any other questions.

Thanks for reading, and I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving long weekend,

Eric

--------------------------------------­---------------

Eric S. Tam
Senior Staff Attorney
Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
1 East 53d St., 6th Floor
New York, NY 10022
212-319-2787 x 18
etam@vlany.org

--------------------------------------­---------------

Building Video Game and Interactive Media Companies

Learn the key legal issues involved in building and counseling a video game or interactive media company!

When: Wednesday, November 28, 2012, 2 - 5pm
Where: VLA, 1 East 53rd Street, NY, NY 10022 (Auditorium)

The electronic games and interactive media industries have experienced rapid growth in the past two decades and employ a broad range of artists, designers, and engineers. This course will provide attendees interested in entering the industry -- in particular, designers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and attorneys interested in building an independent game development or digital media studio -- an overview of the main legal issues that video game and interactive media start-ups face. The course will provide an overview of the major legal issues, key legal documents, and intellectual property concerns that a small interactive entertainment business might encounter, and will put these issues in practical perspective by offering guidance on avoiding or overcoming major legal and business challenges.

The course will be taught by S. Gregory Boyd, Partner and Chairman of the Interactive Entertainment Group at Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC, and renowned practitioner in the electronic games field.

Registration Fees:
Full-Time Students -- $50
Non-Attorneys -- $75 (VLA Members) / $125 (Non-Members)
Attorneys -- $200 (VLA Members) / $250 (Non-Members)

For further information, please see: http://www.vlany.org/...­
To register, please complete and return our form: http://www.vlany.org/...­