The Greensboro Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Zizi's vegan restaurant opening

Zizi's vegan restaurant opening

Sena
user 13475801
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 17
I'm so excited that I have to share! I noticed that Zizi's will be opening a Greensboro location in January. Every time I go to Charlotte, I stop at Zizi's. The food is amazing, and it's all vegan.

Here's the location:
http://www.happycow.n...­

Here's the Charlotte menu:
http://awesomevegan2g...­

I just found the website for the Greensboro location, set to open on New Year's Day: http://www.zizisgreen...­

Sena
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 222
I'm so exited about this! An all vegan restaurant in Greensboro????!!!! Wow! We're planning on going on New's Year's Day when it opens and checking it out. We might even have a meet up there, if it's possible. :)
Sena
user 13475801
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 18
I plan on going there for dinner on New Year's Day, depending on when I get off work. I don't know if I mentioned that Zizi's is take out only, so I wonder if a Meetup could start there but then go to another location to sit down and eat.
wolfgang p.
user 9320725
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 17
credit or debit not yet accepted , their web site say's ; so make sure you have cash on you guys ! Hope to see you there on new years day !
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 223
We went and it was wonderful! They are still getting everything together - some stuff on the menu isn't yet available, but I was impressed with all the dishes we got.
Sena
user 13475801
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 19
I'm glad it was well-received and that you enjoyed it! The owner said that they were swamped at lunch...Yay! I went for dinner to get my favorite "fish" sandwich, but they ran out of sub rolls from being so busy today.

Anyway, I'm going to have to protect my wallet from my taste buds.
Aden
user 11330010
High Point, NC
Post #: 7
I am glad to hear they were swamped. I live "down the road" from there though closer to Wendover on Hilltop so I love that. I haven't tried it yet but am interested to see the size of that place and who the clientele will be. It seems like an odd location but I'm not sure. Well, I visit a friend just across the street from that shopping center and who just had a baby, is staying at home so when I visit her Zizi's will be a much better choice than Elizabeth's!

Like that one time I got take-out from that Elizabeth's (veggie sub w/o cheese and mayo) and there was a piece of bacon in it. I fuh-reaked out.
Stephanie H.
vgtrian
Durham, NC
Post #: 437
Their cauliflower potato mash with gravy was the bomb! They do need to put a bench or something in there to sit while you are waiting for your order. But the food was great - we need one of these in Durham!
A former member
Post #: 44
First visit to Zizi's Take Out with Wolfgang!

Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 227
Awesome pictures, Caleb and Wolfgang! Zizi's is the best. I wish it was closer to me.... or maybe not, since I would eat there all the time!