The Greensboro Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › The Great Good Recipe Exchange

The Great Good Recipe Exchange

A former member
Post #: 70
So, how many of us would like to cook (or simply prep!) fresh, healthy, good-for-us meals more often? How 'bout cost effective meal ideas or entrees that are good for just one or two people?

Please share your recipes and food tips here!
A former member
Post #: 71
My Mister and I have stir-fry with peanut sauce at least twice a month -- it's easy, it's filling, it's so good, it'd be easy to make for just one or two people, kids dig it (I hear) and you can totally substitute a raw cashew butter, etc, for the peanut butter -- ooh, and it's sugar free!

Jen's Favorite Peanut Sauce

• 1/4 cup peanut butter (I prefer creamy, natural peanut butter but any variety should work)
  • hot water, add slowly (and stir slowly, it takes a minute to work in) until peanut butter is the consistency you desire
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 clove chopped garlic
  • a dash of something spicy -- I really like sriracha, which you can find in the asian or exotic section of most grocery stores, but a sprinkle or two of cayenne pepper is also quite tasty

That's it! The original recipe called for a dash of rice vinegar and a tsp of sugar, but I found these additions to be unnecessary -- but try them out if you like, and let me know!

We like to serve this over stir-fried bok choy, shitakes, scallions, and carrots on a bed of rice, garnished with cilantro and diced cucumber. Tasty!