The Greensboro Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Hello, My Name Is... (Our Official Introduction Page)

Hello, My Name Is... (Our Official Introduction Page)

A former member
Post #: 3
OOPS....I completely missed this! Sorry...see Newbie! Lori
A former member
Post #: 91
Hee! Totally cool, Lori. I enjoyed reading your "unofficial" introduction! ;)
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey my name is Ian and my wife and I moved to NC about a year ago from NY. I have been a vegetarian on and off for a number of years, but was not really sure why. I went vegan about 3 or 4 months ago after watching "Earthlings" and doing my own research and haven't looked back. After getting involved in some animal welfare issues, I discovered abolitionism. Since subscribing to the abolitionist approach, my wife and I decided to start a vegan group for the W-S/Triad area for people who are interested in either learning more about veganism and discuss Animal Rights issues. We are welcoming vegans, vegetarians, and omni's who are interested in learning about moving to a vegan lifestyle. We plan on holding potlucks, documentary and movie screenings around W-S, discussing veganism, leafleting, animal rights, and holding protests.

If anyone is interested in learning more, please email CarolinaAAM [@] live.com
A former member
Post #: 121
Hey, Ian! How cool! I'll be very interested to see your group grow. Have you all hooked up with anyone from the Very Vegetarian Society?