The Greensboro Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Restaurant suggestions?

Restaurant suggestions?

A former member
Post #: 11
Heather...Thanks for adding the Papa Murphy's suggestion. I haven't heard of it before. Went to the website and checked out the menu. Sounds really great!!

Thanks again,

Ivy
Ken
user 6377512
Jamestown, NC
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
It's awesome to meet so many vegan pizza lovers...I was beginning to think that was a food I'd have to give up. ;) I'd like to add that Pho Vien Huong is a Vietnamese restaurant on Spring Garden that makes the only vegetarian broth pho soup that I'm aware of in Greensboro/High Point. Soups is a new one in downtown Winston that also makes veggie broth pho but is a little pricier. Both make delicious veggie pho. As an appetizer, you can have fresh vegan spring rolls w/peanut sauce. One bowl of pho is a meal, and one you'll never forget.
A former member
Post #: 3

Saffron Indian Cuisine

I haven't been to saffron's in a really long time (4-5 years) but I am wondering what they have that's vegan since Indian's pretty much add ghee to everything.
Heather Niles
user 4621861
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 140
Hey Dan,

Saffron has their vegan items listed on their menu. There isn't a whole lot for vegans to eat there, but the staff is really knowledgeable and will go out of their way to find out if something is vegan for you. I hope you give it a try!
Heather Niles
user 4621861
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 147
Also, the Great Harvest Baking Company in the Friendly Shopping Center has vegan cinnamon rolls (the fat free kind are vegan) and all sorts of vegan muffins (a different one every day of the week). They're delicious and you have to get out there and get one... or two or three.

2715-A Grandview Ave.
Greensboro, NC 27408

Heather Niles
user 4621861
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 158
Even though I already posted a message about Mellow Mushroom and the fact that they are now serving Daiya cheese, I want to put it here so everyone who is looking for veg-friendly restaurants will know. Plus, we recently went and had one of their vegan pizzas and it was crazy awesome. So filling!

Warning - you have to specify that you want vegan crust, that you want the whole pizza vegan. They do butter and sprinkle cheese on the crust otherwise. The good thing though, is that the staff really seems to be well educated on this. In fact, our server asked us if we wanted the whole pizza vegan before we could say a word. So, just remember to say that and you will be golden.
Heather Niles
user 4621861
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 165
Brandon and I just discovered another vegan-friendly restaurant in town - Pastabilities at 1726 Battleground Ave.

They are this adorable little pasta shop with a short vegetarian section on their menu. Luckily, the vegetarian dishes don't rely heavily on cheese (like most vegetarian dishes at pasta places) and they have creative menu items like Spaghetti Squash Primavera (delicious!). Also, they have a build your own pasta option, so you can tailor the pasta to your specifications.

Brandon emailed them about the veganness of their pasta and they told him that all their pasta was vegan. They seem super friendly and knowledgeable, so if you are concerned about any dish, then all you have to do is send them an email or give them a call before you go.

Heather Niles
user 4621861
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 171
Sticks and Stones Clay Oven Pizza
2200 Walker Avenue
Greensboro, NC 27403-2152
(336) 275-0220

Not only do that have Daiya cheese pizza with vegan crust and vegan sauce, but they also have a vegan dessert too!

Personal review:

Pros - The pizza is delicious. The crust is thin and flavorful. They don't go heavy on the Daiya cheese, which to me is a good thing. I love Daiya, but sometimes it can be too much cheesey taste. The ambiance is also really nice. It's in a cute area where a lot of other restaurants and pubs are, so there is a lot going on.

Cons - Not enough veggie choices. The menu doesn't really allow you to build your own pizza. There is no list of toppings, so you kind of have to choose from what is available, substituting the cheese with Daiya. Also, the vegan dessert was a bit dry. I was disappointed. Maybe it was the specific slice that we got, so if anyone has a better experience with it, let us know!

Yay for vegan pizza in G'boro! Go out and get a pizza, support the vegan option at places like this, and it may become the norm to have Daiya on the menu everywhere! :)
Heather Niles
user 4621861
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 180
U.S. Sushi
Friendly Shopping Center - G'boro
619 Friendly Center Road, Greensboro NC 27408
http://www.us-sushi.c...­

Brandon and I were in the mood for sushi and stumbled on this place. Not only does it have some pretty good vegan sushi - cucumber rolls, avocado rolls, and garden rolls (cucumber, avocado, and carrot) - it also has a few other options: a curry noodle dish and yakisoba noodle dish. Also, you can get a build your own bento box.

Word of warning - they have a tofu that is coated in tempura, but their tempura mix is not vegan.

It was a yummy and fun experience, so if you are out that way and want to try them out, they're very friendly and have lots of great options.
Heather Niles
user 4621861
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 196
I know that Pho Hien Vuong has been mentioned already, but I need to reiterate just how delicious their vegetarian pho is. I think everyone should go try it! They have other stuff on the menu too, but make sure to ask if it's vegan. Pho is a Vietnamese soup and their vegetarian version has rice noodles, veggies, and tofu in a onion broth. It comes in a giant bowl. If you get it with their vegetarian fresh spring roll, you will not be disappointed.

Pho Hien Vuong
4109 Spring Garden St # A
Greensboro, NC 27407-1690
(336) 294-5551