To purchase a ticket for this event and RSVP properly - please visit http://www.stickytickets.com.au/15209
I've had quite a few mums of kids attending the Discovery Workshops interested in being part of some sort of Electronics/Programming workshop. This is not to turn them into expert programmers (although there's nothing wrong with this!) but to give them enough experience to be able to help their kids out when they get stuck on their projects.
At present, I am thinking of running the following (2hrs each)
1. Introduction to Electronics
- learn about basic principles of electronics
- what each of the component does
- How to use a power supply, multimeter and soldering iron
- where to find out more information when you get stuck
2. Introduction to Arduino Electronics
- Installing the IDE
- Installing drivers for programmers on various PCs (bring your own laptop)
- Run through some of the basic arduino examples
- How to use a breadboard
- Basic robotics (if we have time - or might branch this out into another class).
3. Programming in Python
- Will probably use the raspberry PI - so some introduction to PI here
- How to install python and idle editor
- Some basic examples from the Raspberry PI education guide
- Can cover some other higher level tools such as Scratch & TurtleArt if there is interest.
I currently don't have a time in mind for when to run these. I would prefer it to be in the week sometime as I also have family commitments on the weekends. Please RSVP to this meetup to register interest and recommend some times.