align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Mailing List Archive

Subject Sender Date
3d printing and CNC - Hey guys, After seeing that reprap mendel on the weekend, I have had a renewed interesting in laying my hand Vivian C. Sep 12, 2011 7:46 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Fwd: RepRap Gen 7 parts - Let's get our space up first - then we'll worry about these.... I think there will be plenty of opportunity to leverage off what the BNE guys are doing. On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:34 PM, BW~Merlin wrote: > Ok, once again I hav user 3. Sep 7, 2011 4:05 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Fwd: RepRap Gen 7 parts - On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:34 PM, BW~Merlin wrote: > Ok, once again I have no idea what all that means but like that other item > (some type of plastic that the reprap needs to be able to print things) if I > can donate some money Triffid H. Sep 7, 2011 12:47 PM
RE: [gctechspace] Fwd: RepRap Gen 7 parts - Ok, once again I have no idea what all that means but lik BW~Merlin Sep 7, 2011 12:33 PM
Fwd: RepRap Gen 7 parts - ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: OperaMan Date: Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:05 PM Subject: RepRap Gen 7 parts To: hackerspace_brisbane Hi all, after the first successful mil Triffid H. Sep 7, 2011 12:26 PM
Re: [reprap-brisbane] Re: PLA group buy (or local source) - On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM, pnit wrote via : > The extra time might allow Triffid to order too? unlikely but possible. Perhaps Steve Dalton of gctechspace et al would like to jump in on t Triffid H. Sep 2, 2011 10:04 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Fwd: [reprap-brisbane] Re: PLA group buy (or local source) - On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM, BW~Merlin wrote: > Still no idea.  Is this what the reprap uses to print stuff out of? yes Triffid H. Sep 1, 2011 5:59 PM
RE: [gctechspace] Fwd: [reprap-brisbane] Re: PLA group buy (or local source) - Still no idea. Is this what the reprap uses to prin BW~Merlin Sep 1, 2011 5:29 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Fwd: [reprap-brisbane] Re: PLA group buy (or local source) - On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 12:26 PM, BW~Merlin wrote: > Rolls of what for what? rolls of 3mm PLA for reprap 3d printers Triffid H. Sep 1, 2011 3:29 PM
RE: [gctechspace] Fwd: [reprap-brisbane] Re: PLA group buy (or local source) - Rolls of what for what? > Subject: [gctech BW~Merlin Sep 1, 2011 12:26 PM
Fwd: [reprap-brisbane] Re: PLA group buy (or local source) - ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: pnit Date: Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:28 AM Subject: [reprap-brisbane] Re: PLA group buy (or local source) To: RepRap Brisbane Group Buy Alert! I Triffid H. Sep 1, 2011 11:43 AM
Re: [gctechspace] Thanks! - Cool - I'll try and set something up for next week (maybe we just do a regular catchup every week for now until something gets going) - I have kids so it has to be after 7:30 for me anyway that's when the chaos subsides for the day. I can do usually a user 3. Aug 22, 2011 4:19 PM
Silicon Beach Gold Coast - HI All Just inviting you all to the first meeting of Silicon Beach Gold Coast this Thursday breakfast, 730am at Currumbin Surf Club. http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-­Beach-Gold-Coast/events/289531­51/ Please RSVP if you want to attend. We have a sho user 3. Aug 22, 2011 4:12 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Thanks! - On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Steve Dalton wrote: > Re repraps I had a few people not believe me when I told them it was a > 3d printer.... one woman thought I was setting her up and it was a > joke. When I showed here the ex Triffid H. Aug 22, 2011 4:10 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Thanks! - Thanks Triffid Yes - I'll work on getting some publicity on it. Re repraps I had a few people not believe me when I told them it was a 3d printer.... one woman thought I was setting her up and it was a joke. When I showed here the extruder head an user 3. Aug 22, 2011 3:58 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Thanks! - On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Steve Dalton wrote: > Thanks so much to everyone who attended and helped at the Science fair > on the weekend - especially to the Brisbane Hackerspace guys that > dragged the repraps down and did Triffid H. Aug 22, 2011 12:05 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Thanks! - I've got a bit of bandwidth to burn before end of month so I'd be up for hanging back in a plus hangout to hear all the news (if I have net coverage at the time). Any photos from the science fair up?  Cheers, DaveB David B Aug 22, 2011 9:17 AM
Thanks! - Thanks so much to everyone who attended and helped at the Science fair on the weekend - especially to the Brisbane Hackerspace guys that dragged the repraps down and did an AMAZING job of showing them off yesterday (and the end of Saturday) I'm real user 3. Aug 22, 2011 9:08 AM
Re: [gctechspace] Fwd: TechSpace Logo - I like this one :) On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Steve Dalton < [address removed] > wrote: Matthew S. Aug 12, 2011 11:11 AM
Re: [gctechspace] Fwd: TechSpace Logo - I think the power point thing was purely accidental! Might see if we can change it to the aussie one. On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 9:06 AM, BW~Merlin wrote: > Looks good but it looks like the power point plug prongs inside the " user 3. Aug 11, 2011 12:30 PM
RE: [gctechspace] Fwd: TechSpace Logo - Looks good but it looks like the power point plug prongs BW~Merlin Aug 11, 2011 9:06 AM
Re: [gctechspace] Fwd: TechSpace Logo - I think its awesome! -----Original Message----- From: Steve Dalton Sent: Wednesday, August 10,[masked]:10 PM To: [address removed] Subject: [gctechspace] Fwd: TechSpace Logo Wes Did a new logo version - removed Q1 and added surfboa Gavin M. Aug 11, 2011 7:53 AM
Re: [gctechspace] Fwd: TechSpace Logo - yep looks good. Vivian C. Aug 11, 2011 12:20 AM
Fwd: TechSpace Logo - Wes Did a new logo version - removed Q1 and added surfboards and gulls.... what does everyone think. I'm happy to go with this one... at least for now until we actually get space up. STeve user 3. Aug 10, 2011 10:10 PM
RE: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - I believe Warwick Capper did a stint as a meter maid so i BW~Merlin Aug 8, 2011 8:34 PM
Re: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - Thanks Viv. Appreciate your efforts on the 3D logo before - the main reason we didn't want to use it is that we wanted something simple and clean for printing etc. I'm happy to put this thing out to a competition and vote but I'm a bit under pressur user 3. Aug 8, 2011 4:46 PM
Re: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - Vivian C. Aug 8, 2011 4:32 PM
Re: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - Not keen on meter maids, I'd like to think we might get some girls coming along to techspace at some point and it's not a great impression to set. Just look at the PR fail with Microsoft last year at TechEd. Like the surfer idea though - I'll see if We user 3. Aug 8, 2011 4:03 PM
RE: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - Actually that meter maid idea isn't to bad as in my mind BW~Merlin Aug 8, 2011 12:57 PM
Re: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 12:06 AM, BW~Merlin  < [address removed] >  wrote: Matthew S. Aug 8, 2011 12:48 PM
RE: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - To be honest I don't really know what is truly iconic abo BW~Merlin Aug 7, 2011 12:06 AM
Re: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - Yeah - I can take or leave Q1 too... that was just a suggestion I made to him initially when we were looking for Gold Coast themes- we can easily drop that (or replace it with something). Steve On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM, BW~Merlin user 3. Aug 6, 2011 10:58 PM
Re: Hi Steve and Wes Re: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - Thanks for feedback Mark. I believe Wes did it in Illustrator - that was just low quality bitmap he sent. Regards Steve On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Mark Wren wrote: > Hi Steve and Wes > > Logo looks good to me, talking a user 3. Aug 6, 2011 10:56 PM
RE: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - I really like that. Not a fan of using the Q1 (it's BW~Merlin Aug 6, 2011 5:51 PM
Re: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - +1 Gavin M. Aug 6, 2011 3:38 PM
Re: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - awesome :) On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 11:43, Steve Dalton < [address removed] > wrote: David B Aug 6, 2011 3:37 PM
Hi Steve and Wes Re: [gctechspace] TechSpace Logo - Hi Steve and Wes Logo looks good to me, talking as a Printer. It has to be redrawn in a Vector program like Adobe Illustrator. When you enlarge the Logo and print in B & W it is very pixelly Secret to a good logo and bad, is it must look as good i Mark W. Aug 6, 2011 1:27 PM
TechSpace Logo - Wes had a go at designing an logo for us.... feedback appreciated. I personally like it. user 3. Aug 6, 2011 11:43 AM
TechSpace Logo - Hi All Long time no speak - sorry for lack in communications...I'm very close to getting some space, so have been holding off doing any meeting or anything until we had something concrete. We've been given a stand by Bond at the Science fair - and user 3. Aug 5, 2011 10:57 AM
Re: [gctechspace] Arduino - Do you get to keep the kit you build in that brissie course?? I'd like to buy one (or a clone) and learn how to operate them.? On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 16:45, Steve Dalton < David B Nov 2, 2010 5:07 PM
Arduino - Anyone down here on the Gold Coast proficient with Arduino? I just noticed that Little Bird have this workshop on their website http://www.littlebirdelectroni­cs.com/products/Arduino-Worksh­op-Brisbane.html $220 - looks quite good although might be o user 3. Nov 2, 2010 4:45 PM
linux.conf.au 2011 - Hey folks, I just want to extend an invitation for the Gold Coast hackerspace to present at linux.conf.au's 2011 Open Day. It's on January[masked] at South Brisbane, we've already got the Brisbane Hackerspace and the Rockhampton hackerspace bring Clinton R. Sep 21, 2010 4:56 PM
Steve Dalton added a post - Just a quick update on techspace - we haven't forgotten about you. At the moment we have some support for the RepRap idea from Bond Uni - they could potentially fund parts & equipment and even provide some space if we put it up (and it's accepted) as user 3. Sep 15, 2010 10:44 PM
Do you have ideas for our next Meetup? - Gold Coast Tech Space needs your help with ideas for our next Meetup! If you have suggestions about a venue to meet, an activity, or anything else -- please let us know! You can suggest an idea here: user 3. Sep 15, 2010 10:41 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Steve Dalton added a post - For those without IRC clients, you can use freenode's web interface: http://webchat.freenode.net?ch­annels=gctechspace,gclug&u­io=OT10cnVlde Matthew S. Sep 1, 2010 8:13 AM
Re: [gctechspace] Steve Dalton added a post - Ok - for those that can still do IRC - I have registered #gctechspace on freenode.... funny, took me a while to remember how to register a channel. Only problem with skype is that we all need to have each other (or at least the organiser needs to) i user 3. Aug 31, 2010 11:14 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Steve Dalton added a post - Skype: dtbaker On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 21:32, Steve Dalton < [address removed] > wrote: David B Aug 31, 2010 9:33 PM
Steve Dalton added a post - Just in case you are wondering - we are not dead... things happening, just missed out on the last meeting. An/yone interested in getting together on IRC at all Or if anyone has any better alternatives to IRC. The only other one I use is the Sky user 3. Aug 31, 2010 9:31 PM
New Meetup: Regular pub meetup until we get a space. - Announcing a new Meetup for Gold Coast Tech Space! What : Regular pub meetup until we get a space. When : Thursday, August 12,[masked]:30 PM user 3. Jul 27, 2010 4:38 PM
Steve Dalton added a post - I've updated Dave's email template asking for gctechspace venues, would be great if we can send this out to people we know. I'm sure there must be some empty rooms in some buildings out there that we could use - at least for a kickstart. user 3. Jul 26, 2010 7:03 AM
David B added a post - Email template asking for venue: https://docs.google.com/docume­nt/edit?id=1lyD3pX_LHEd9qf3ZaM­c4RS1wAgrZ9rlUGGDw0 David B Jul 22, 2010 11:52 PM
[gctechspace] Logos - Viv. Personally, I would be happy if you file-attached a few graphics in an email and sent them to this list, since you have gone to the effort to do them. Cheers David Tangye On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 a David T. Jul 22, 2010 11:24 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Steve Dalton added a post - Yes, I have just tried again to upload 2 pics from the Hackerspace visit, about 20 mins ago, using the old uploader and it failed, just like last night.? I posted about it on David T. Jul 22, 2010 11:15 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Steve Dalton added a post - Hi Steve, Yes, I noticed that the photo upload thing seemed Vivian C. Jul 22, 2010 10:45 PM
Steve Dalton added a post - I think meetup photo upload is completely broken - sorry for all the emails. user 3. Jul 22, 2010 10:21 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Continuing meetups - I can't think of anywhere better than the Town and Country for that sort of thing. Any time that does not clash with Green Drinks , GCOG , David T. Jul 21, 2010 6:43 PM
Continuing meetups - I'm thinking until we find a permanent space we should at least meet every month (or even every 2 weeks if people can stand that) at the pub. Anyone have a problem with the Town and Country at Nerang? - have successfully ran a couple of meetings from ther user 3. Jul 21, 2010 3:50 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Meetup details changed: Excursion to Hackerspace Brisbane - Hi Matthew You can take my place, I am now double booked Regards Mark Wren I would like to go, if anyone changes their mind, let me grab yo Mark W. Jul 19, 2010 10:21 AM
Steve Dalton added a post - http://gctechspace.org is now setup on google applications (sites, mail, docs etc). If you want to contribute to the site at all, please email me at steve at gctechspace dot org with your preferred user user 3. Jul 18, 2010 10:52 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Meetup details changed: Excursion to Hackerspace Brisbane - I would like to go, if anyone changes their mind, let me grab your space :) On 18 July[masked]:06, Steve Dalton < [address removed] > wrote: Matthew S. Jul 18, 2010 10:47 PM
Meetup details changed: Excursion to Hackerspace Brisbane - Sorry everyone - I had the date and time completely wrong for this - hope those that have said yes can still make it. Steve I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing: user 3. Jul 18, 2010 9:06 PM
Steve Dalton added a post - Ok http://gctechspace.org it is, I've also registered .org.au and .com for prosperity. Site will be setup today. user 3. Jul 16, 2010 7:43 AM
Steve Dalton added a post - Ok - we are a dead heat on the domain names between http://goldcoasttechspace.org.­au and http://gctechspace.org - but need more votes. I'll user 3. Jul 15, 2010 4:18 PM
Re: [gctechspace] Steve Dalton added a post - I have added a few more elements into that blender file - with a couple of different Vivian C. Jul 15, 2010 2:32 PM
Steve Dalton added a post - Apologies for all the emails - I've added a poll on a domain name at: http://www.meetup.com/gctechsp­ace/polls/243036/ Viv has also uploaded a logo (thanks Viv!) - would be good to have a f user 3. Jul 15, 2010 7:03 AM
Re: [gctechspace] Steve Dalton added a post - Here's something I quickly whipped up in blender... Blender file is Vivian C. Jul 15, 2010 1:06 AM
Steve Dalton added a post - I've had no advances on "Gold Coast Tech Space" for the name - so "Gold Coast Tech Space" [shorter gctechspace for #hashtags etc] it is. Any graphics people feel like designing us a logo... I think Tom was volunteered last night by Nat user 3. Jul 14, 2010 9:23 PM
Steve Dalton added a post - Any more suggestion on name for this group? I was going to take a few and put it to the vote, but so far gold coast tech space and gc tech space are only suggestions. Please feel free to suggest options. user 3. Jul 14, 2010 1:25 PM

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy