align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
Dan M.
user 12318428
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 2
As Dave K mentions every time we meet, we are open to topics as diverse as our membership.
Typically, we want to keep them technical, in the sense that we are under the hood of the Android OS, in some way shape or form, or at least influencing the goings on under the hood.
We have had a couple of people tentatively step up for topics on Animation and SQLite/persistent storage.

We would also welcome requests for topics, which we would then find (or politely coerce) speakers for...

Let us know what you would like to contribute and/or attend and we will make every effort to make it happen!

Thanks again for your participation and interest!

-Dan
Joshua C.
user 24123492
Livonia, MI
Post #: 3
I'm sad I missed the last meeting, because the intro to development was exactly what I was looking for (I'm still pretty new to Android development). So I hope we have another similar talk in the future (not right away obviously).

After that, a few ideas off the top of my head:

• Building location-aware apps
  • OpenGL for Android
  • Creating custom input methods
  • Creating widgets