addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

GDG Boston - Google Developer's Group Boston Message Board › Planning a Meetup for GWT Java Developers - any recommendations on locations?

Planning a Meetup for GWT Java Developers - any recommendations on locations?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi there!

Nuance Communications wants to sponsor a meetup for Java GWT Developers.
I would appreciate any advice on best locations from members of this group.

We'll have a member of engineering team talk about some of the great projects we've done in mobile apps and healthcare technology. And then give away some free voice recognition software.

Sound good?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Katie

Katie McAuliffe
NUANCE Communications
1 Wayside Road
Burlington, MA 01801
781-565-5204
katie.mcauliffe @nuance.com
Mary-Anne W.
mgwmgw
North Billerica, MA
Post #: 28
Nuance is the only company where I do not apply for jobs there because of feedback from people who used to work there.

Here is a review from GlassDoor which summarized what I hear:
Cons As Nuance is an acquire-then-slash-and-burn megaplex, the hallways are filled with the sad faces of the beaten survivors of previous acquisitions. Products will ship on time regardless of quality. Regular layoffs. Everything is tied to quarterly financials, no vision beyond that. Advice to Senior Management Change from being at least as customer-serving as you currently are stockholder-serving. Completely rework the way acquisitions are performed. Virtually everyone at Nuance is there because of one acquisition or another, and most can share a unique story of how their acquisition was handled poorly... ask around! Take more pride in producing quality products. Don't be afraid to hold releases beyond the quarterly edge if they're not ready for prime time.

If you are trying to improve Nuance's reputation, I do not think that a meetup will help you there.