What: This NCA GTUG is featuring the next presentation on “Google Apps Script” by Saurabh Gupta from Google Developer Relations Team based in New York.
This new feature in Google Apps is useful for small businesses, non-profit organizations and everyone else who are using the cloud based Google Docs.
With Apps Script you can:
- Automate repetitive business processes. (e.g. expense approvals, time-sheet tracking, ticket management, order fulfillment, and much more)
- Link Google products with third party services (e.g. send custom emails and a calendar invitation to a list from a spreadsheet)
- Build UI applications in Google Sites and Google Spreadsheets.
- Enhance spreadsheet functionality by creating custom spreadsheet functions.
- Automate tasks that are time or event driven. (e.g. run a nightly pending sales orders)
Presenter: Saurabh Gupta from Google, New York.
Saurabh is part of Google's Apps & Cloud Developer Relation team whose mission is to "Make Google Apps & Cloud platform the cloud ecosystem of choice for the global Developer Community". Saurabh works with the extremely talented Google Apps Script team to help developers and partners adopt Apps Script. Outside of work, he is an avid newshound and plays racquetball. He takes keen interest in startups and entrepreneurs. In spare time, he conducts experiments to come up with tools that assist in better software architecture practices in enterprises.
Location: OPower HQ – 1515 North Courthouse Road, on the 6th floor, in Arlington- right off the Orange Line of the DC Metro (Courthouse Stop)
Parking: Plenty of parking in the garage behind or free parking around the building.
After Party!: Ireland’s Four Courts is across the street!
Venue is sponsored by OPower