GDG Paris - Google Developer Group Message Board › An interest group for Google GoLang - need hosts and sponsors also

An interest group for Google GoLang - need hosts and sponsors also

vj sathish
user 8473621
Bangalore, IN
Post #: 1
Hello everybody,

Following announcements at Paris Hackers and just through friendly conversations we understand that there are some of us who would like to get together and create a community around GoLang in Paris. If there are others who have not heard from Cyprien or me and are interested to be a part of it, please let us know so that we can have an estimate on the numbers.

The intention is to have discussions around the Go language, projects, packages and frameworks with also probably mini dev workshops each time to tackle a particular type of problem or a project.

We are looking for places that would be willing to host us (~10 people) for a few hours in the evening on a weekday. We are also looking for somebody who can sponsor pizzas and some drinks. If any of you know of anybody who can support us, please let me know.

Thanks and hope to see you soon,
Sathish

p.s. Go Lang has been in design and development since many years, even prior to the official announcement in 2009, and the version 1 is finally due any time soon. The amount of thought that has been invested in Go shows in the design of the language and its capabilities - for me it appears to have been globally thought out to have clear, concise, orthogonal programming concepts and feels clean but powerful. If you haven't tried it out, give it a run at http://tour.golang.or...­.