Dear East Bay GTUG members:
Here is another way to participate Google I/O Extended in San Francisco.
Google San Francisco office offers live stream of selected Google IO 2012 sessions. A tenative livestream schedule is listed, 9:30AM-6:15PM, Wed., 6/27/2012 and 10AM-6:15PM, Thu., 6/28/2012
Attendees for the livestream event may have lunch at Google's cafe from 12-12:30PM on Wed., 6/27/2012 and Thu., 6/28/2012
There is also an I/O Extended's Develop for Good Hackathon, Thu., 6/28/2012-Fri. 6/29/2012. There are three challenges:
- Citizen Engagement for Politics & Elections (Google Politics & Elections)
- Conflict Reporting for Blackout Situations in Repressive Regimes (Google ideas)
- Help us all be a little bit greener! (Google green)
Hackers arrive by 8:30AM on Thu., 6/28/2012 at "Duboce Tech Talk" on the 4th floor to get one's badge. The challenge experts from Google Green, Google Ideas, and Google Politics & Elections will introduce their challenges about 9:30AM on Thu., 6/28/2012.
All hackers should submit a solution to one of the challenges by 11:59PM on Fri., 6/29/2012. Note: the Google San Francisco office will be close at 5PM on Fri., 6/29/2012.
Prizes for I/O Extended's Develop for Good Hackathon:
The most promising submission in each challenge will be awarded the following:
- Tickets to Google I/O 2013 (just imagine that you do not need to get up early to order the Google IO 2013 ticket!)
- Awarded the 'Google Developer for Good' for 2012, which will be featured on the Google Developers blog and Google Chrome blog.
- Mentor time with the challenge team (e.g. Google Ideas, Google Politics & Elections) to work through the project.
The most successful teams will be announced on or around 08/01/2012.
In addition, the most successful web app across all submissions will be awarded Chromebooks.
For more details for the I/O Extended's Develop for Good Hackathon:
How would you participate? To reserve your ticket for the I/O Extended San Francisco (livestreaming and/or hackathon),
Please come to the Mon., July 2nd, 2012 meeting East Bay GTUG HTC meeting (RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/ebgtug/events/58348802/) and share your Google I/O 2012 or I/O Extended event(s) experience with us!