Wow! It is already that time of year again for The Charleston Food and Wine Festival! A large group of us from Charlotte went last year and it was absolutely AMAZING and a pure gastronomical delight that tempted and pleased our taste buds. We gorged on incredible food and drank delicious libations while in the company of both old and new friends.
Join us for a wonderful weekend in the very historical and beautiful Charleston SC that will be sure to remain in your memory book for years to come.
The Charleston Food and Wine Festival Itinerary for March 5th, 6th, 7th (Fri, Sat, Sun)
We will have a large group from Charlotte coming. The Charlotte group will be coming in vans that we have rented. Since Columbia is much closer, it may be easier for you to drive. Therefore, I have adjusted the price down for Columbia and the following schedule can be altered a bit with that in mind.
• Drive to Charleston and arrive at the hotel-If we have enough people, I will make arrangements for a van!
• People can either stay at the hotel and rest up or go with us to Shem Creek (which an area on the water) where we can enjoy each other’s company and have a few drinks/appetizers.
• Enjoy a leisurely morning and have a complimentary continental breakfast
• We will meet in lobby at a time to be determined and head over to the early session of the GRAND TASTING TENT which is from 10-1 pm.Details on the Grand Tasting Tent:
Saturday, 10:00AM - 1:00PM for Grand Tasting Tents*
"Guests have the opportunity to indulge in the unique flavors of the Lowcountry while tasting the epicurean delights of the country's best chefs, authors and wine professionals. Learn about and get a taste of Southern cuisine and the Lowcountry's unique food styles, heritage and recipes at various events and venues throughout the weekend. Indulge in the enriched Culinary Village + Grand Tasting Tents, sponsored by FedEx. This not-to-be missed hub will feature two exclusive Grand Tasting Tents, each highlighting delectable cuisine, wine and spirits from across the country, an SCE&G Celebrity Kitchen Tent, Charleston Cooks! Book Signing Tent, Certified Angus Beef & Piggly Wiggly Outdoor Living + Grilling Area, a BB&T Hospitality Tent and music by The Blue Stone Ramblers. This year’s FedEx Grand Tasting Tents are set to be the best yet, with guests benefiting from less tickets sold per session, the “Taste of the Festival” Signature Charity Tent and one-on-one interaction with esteemed chefs and beverage professionals.
Saturday ticket holders can attend The Art Institute of Charleston Cooking Competitions as part of their ticket purchase."
• If groups want to splinter off, we will meet at a predetermined place. Up until that time, feel free to enjoy the all that the “Charleston Food and Wine Festival” has to offer. There will be plenty of time to enjoy the food and the wine and take a look around at some of the nearby shops.
• We will leave the festival and head back to the hotel at a TBD time.
• Later that evening, we will go enjoy a nice meal at a local dining establishment (this is not covered in the cost of the trip)
• Enjoy a leisurely morning and have a complimentary continental breakfast, or save your bellies for some food offerings in Charleston. We will leave the hotel by approximately 11:30 am, so you can either have brunch at a local favorite or so you can have some time to spend in downtown historic Charleston where you will be able to peruse the shops on Meeting Street. You can also have lunch at one of the many nearby restaurants to enjoy some low-country cooking.
The following are the prices for the weekend and include: 2 night stay at a nice Hotel, continental breakfast in the morning, Admission to “The Charleston Food and Wine Festival” Grand Tasting Tent.
Tickets are expensive(they almost doubled in price from last year), but they are well worth it and include lots of food and wine. In addition to above, you will get the chance to see a little bit of the beautiful and historic City of Charleston and enjoy some great tasting low country food such as shrimp and grits! (All food/beverage outside the Grand Tasting Tent are your responsibility.)
Prices for the entire weekend:
• 4 people to a hotel room - $187
• 3 people to a hotel room - $218
• 2 people to a hotel room - $268
• 1 person to a hotel room - $387
• ROOMATES - Please specify in your RSVP whether you are sharing a room with anyone and if so, with whom. Please also note if you want to go 4 to a room but don't know anyone. We can try to match you up but we can not guarentee that we can.
• DEPOSIT REQUIRED: They are not selling as many tickets to the Grand Tasting this year so we cannot guarantee availability. Therefore, please pay as soon as possible so I can get your ticket. I don’t want you to miss out on this event and I need to purchase the tickets. Therefore, I MUST have either the FULL PAYMENT or A DEPOSIT of $100 by Feb 1st.
• FULL PAYMENT: Last year we had a lot of problems with people cancelling out at the last minute which was a nightmare in regards to securing the hotel rooms and tickets. Therefore, I MUST have your full payment in by Feb 15th. If you pay after Feb 15st, you will need to add $35 to the price.
NOTE - They are not selling as many tickets to the Grand Tasting this year so we can not guarantee availability. Therefore, please pay as soon as possible so I can get your ticket. I don’t want you to miss out on this event and I need to purchase the tickets. Last year we had a lot of problems with people cancelling out at the last minute which was a nightmare in regards to securing the hotel rooms and tickets. Therefore, if you pay after Feb 1st, you will need to add $35 to the price above. If you want to go 4 to a room but don't know anyone, we can try to match you up but we cannot guarentee that we can.
DISCLAIMER: If you do drink, please drink responsibly. We are a bunch of friends that go on these trips and you will hold us harmless from all legal liability. By attending this event, you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to, or resulting from, anything associated with this trip. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold the group, any of the group's leaders, officers, or representatives, liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or property, arising directly from, or as a consequence of ,any portion of this trip.
I have a Pay Pal set up here on Good Eats, you can go there and make your payments ASAP. The deposit is $100, which is due by Feb 1st. The cost for the weekend will be $187 based on a 4 person room occupancy and go up in price from there. This is NON REFUNDABLE, so please make sure you can make it. Go to www.paypal.com and enter my email address [masked] and/or my name Richard Gruica to make your payments. All final payments are due by Feb 15th. Thanks and looking forward to having a great group. This will be a blast!
FYI-Due to the nature of the trip and all the intangibles that might occur, I will be requiring everybody to sign release forms before departure.