Geocaching San Diego Message Board › New Meetup: Penaquitos Canyon Cache Run (East Side)

New Meetup: Penaquitos Canyon Cache Run (East Side)

Androyd
androydx
San Diego, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for Geocaching San Diego!

What: Penaquitos Canyon Cache Run (East Side)

When: Monday, December 26, 2011 8:00 AM

Where: Los Penasquitos Canyon West at Black Mtn Rd and Mercy
12020 Black Mountain Rd
San Diego, CA 92129

Oh yes, it's that time of year... The wife and kids will be out spending more of my hard earned cash the day after Christmas.... getting all those bargains (right). In order to avoid the inevitable and put myself in complete denial there is only one thing to do.... GO CACHING! That way when I will get home I will be so tired I will not have enough energy to cry big crocodile tears when I see the Mastercard receipts! So if you want to join me then meet me at the "Carnival of the Animals" cache at GCPXZ3. It's between the two parking lots there, Canyon Side Community Park and the Penaquitos Canyon parking lot (at the end of Mercy Road). I HAVE NO IDEA if they will be open the day after Christmas so arrive early in case you have to find a strange place to park. I will try Penaquitos first and then head to Canyon if it's closed. I think Penaquitos has a parking fee so bring $$$! I think it's $5.00 for the day but don't quote me.

I will be hitting just the East side of the canyon to pick up about 18-20 caches that were placed since the last time I hit this canyon with Linda T and her son way back when (Where are you Linda T!!!!????). You may proceed onwards down the canyon but at some point I will be turning back! (Specifically at TTuT #12 at GC2J08).

The forecast calls for RAIN that day... I will still be caching unless there is a heavy downpour.... As always, and those of you that have cached with me before know, I travel fast... I loose my hiking stick a lot so I have to double back (or Lucy and Nigel might volunteer again this time?).... but really, I have a party I have to be at in the afternoon so I have to head out at 1PM at the latest....

Also, if you don't plan on really attending or you are a maybe...please RSVP as a MAYBE.... Only RSVP with a YES if you will be there. If you have RSVP'd as YES before and flaked on any of my Meetups then I reserve the right to place you on the waiting list to make room for the serious....Also, I will give everyone a 10 minute buffer so if you aren't at the above GZ by 8:10AM then it's adios amigos! You can always try to catch up if you dare! Email if you have any questions.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­