Geocaching San Diego Message Board › Dual Event? Geocaching Balboa Park

Dual Event? Geocaching Balboa Park

A former member
Hello everyone. I was informed (but not confirmed) that there is a second "Official" Geocache event going on at the same time and place as ours. This doesn't bother me in the least as Balboa Park is big enough to handle all of us but thought I should pass this information along to everyone.

Also, don't forget trinkets... unless you only prefer to sign the log book. Nothing expensive, just oddball items you feel like leaving in the geocache(s). It's not required, but if you see something you would like to take, you must replace it with something.

One last note, due to the size of the group, we may branch off into smaller groups so 40 people aren't looking for the same cache at the same time. This is the first time I've done a geocaching event of this size so bear with me as I figure out the best approach. We will definitely pair up newbies and non-gps'ers with experienced cachers.

Again, my event is not a race, it's a way to introduce more people to caching and get other cachers together in one area. If this works out pretty good, I've already got my sights on another location for round two.

Thanks everyone and see you there!
SuperDave!
user 6051950
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Yes, there is a second event on the same day but NOT at the same time .

The geocache event starts at 8:45am and ends at 9:00. This is flash mob style event. Everyone is in the general area, then at 8:45 everyone heads to ground zero- sign the log, eat the mini-meal, take photo - disperse at 9:00am. Easy way to earn geocaching.com event cache.

For more specific details, here is a link to the cache page.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2bc81154-b322-4c2e-afd7-764a204faa80­

The meetup.com event starts at 9am a couple hundred feet away.

Hello everyone. I was informed (but not confirmed) that there is a second "Official" Geocache event going on at the same time and place as ours. This doesn't bother me in the least as Balboa Park is big enough to handle all of us but thought I should pass this information along to everyone.

Also, don't forget trinkets... unless you only prefer to sign the log book. Nothing expensive, just oddball items you feel like leaving in the geocache(s). It's not required, but if you see something you would like to take, you must replace it with something.

One last note, due to the size of the group, we may branch off into smaller groups so 40 people aren't looking for the same cache at the same time. This is the first time I've done a geocaching event of this size so bear with me as I figure out the best approach. We will definitely pair up newbies and non-gps'ers with experienced cachers.

Again, my event is not a race, it's a way to introduce more people to caching and get other cachers together in one area. If this works out pretty good, I've already got my sights on another location for round two.

Thanks everyone and see you there!