Geocaching San Diego Message Board › GPS Device Purchasing

GPS Device Purchasing

A former member
Post #: 7
I want to purchase a GPS device to explore this exciting hobby of geocaching. I am also a Mt. Biker, Rock Climber, Hiker, and Off Road Enthusiast. On top of everything im broke LOL.

I want to make a one time purchase of a device with the ability to maybe update it throughout the years.

Looking for opinions, ideas, feedback.
Rod Swank
user 9305822
Poway, CA
Post #: 3
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hey Travis,
My experence has been with Garmin. It has been said that the 60CSx is the workhorse of the GPS's. I have found this to be true. It is sturdy, well made, and up-gradeable. It doesn't have the sunlight readability problems that the newer touchscreen models have. Check e-bay, you can get new for about $300. Bottom line, I am more than happy with mine and would buy another if needed.
Jeremy Metcalf
user 10933213
Monterey, CA
Post #: 1
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hey there,
After much research of personal GPS's I came to purchase the Delorme PN40, its about $230 on Amazon (normally $400) and it comes with 100K Topo and has the ability to display color aerial imagery and much more with a subscription price of $30 which is a steal compared to others. I used it geocaching today and everything went smoothly!