Cleveland German Language Meetup Message Board › Everyone Else at the Cleveland Cinematheque

Everyone Else at the Cleveland Cinematheque

Jill
bonnjill
Solon, OH
Hi everyone,

Several members have made me aware of this movie, which is playing this Thursday and Saturday at the Cinematheque. I already have plans for both days, but Victoria suggests going to the Thu., June 17, at 7:15 pm. I would suggest meeting at the front door at 7 pm to sit together. Maybe you might also consider getting together afterward for a bite to eat and to talk about the film. I hope you enjoy it!

EVERYONE ELSE
Maren Ade's new German movie EVERYONE ELSE is one of the all-time great break-up movies. It chronicles how a young German couple’s love affair unravels during a Sardinian summer vacation. Chris, an architect around the age of 30, gripes that his greatness is going unrecognized, while his girlfriend Gitti, a rock music publicist, tries to cheer him up. But encounters with Chris’ family and with another couple on holiday deepen the fault lines in their troubled relationship. Can it be saved? This 2009 New York Film Festival selection is one of the major -- and most acclaimed -- international films of the year, as you can see from its 92% "fresh" rating on rottentomatoes.com. Don't miss its Cleveland debut Thursday or Saturday.
More details at
http://www.cia.edu/ac...­