SF German Stammtisch Message Board › Linguistic QA Tester
Redwood City, CA
At Welocalize we are passionate about what we do. We have built a great company known for its creative people, true commitment to excellence, loyal customers, and an incredible growth story in the On Demand Translation space. We truly believe that we have accomplished so much thanks to the people we employ and partner with. If you think differently, are naturally creative, enjoy challenge, and want to be in an environment where your talent and skills can be used to really achieve something, then come join us, you are the people we're looking for...
Work Location: Cupertino (Onsite for a leading IT company)
Project Type: Voice Recognition for Mobile Devices in your Native Language
Title: Linguistic QA Tester
Project Duration: 3-months
Hours: Both part-time and full-time are available. Each part-time tester will work 4 hours/day, 20 hours/week; each full-time tester will work 8 hours/day, 40 hours/week; workload at standard working hours
Expected starting date: ASAP
Pay: $14-$18/hr depends on qualification and experience; please submit your resume with expected hourly rate for consideration
Languages (Native Fluency Required): Japanese, French, German, US English, Australian English & UK English
Each tester will have a sufficient level of English proficiency to communicate with the team to drive the feature testing, follow written instructions, write bugs clearly and concisely, and provide weekly written feedback on work performed. You will need to make sure that the system can understand not just basic commands, but also the colloquialisms that are common to human speech in multiple languages and variants.
1. Speech Recognition
• Does the system recognize the query?
• Does the system recognize different accents?
2. Natural Language understanding:
• The main goal of this testing is to ensure that the system understands each user query in as many different ways as possible and acts accordingly.
• Every query in every domain can be executed in multiple different ways.
• Are colloquialisms understood and handled appropriately?
3. Plug-ins functionality (flow/service/action)
• In order to test all possible combinations we will need to make sure every query does the right thing with each specific plug-in.
4. Dialog output or snippet
• We want to ensure we are getting meaningful dialogs back for all queries.
• Is the result meaningful to your query?
• Is the result (text feedback) grammatically correct?
• Do the results match your expectations and provide a good user experience?
• Do the results match cultural expectations?
Native level knowledge of one of the above mentioned languages
Excellent in grammar, punctuation and style in both target language and English
Consider yourself as tech-savvy
Good knowledge with spreadsheets
Able to work for any employer in the US without Visa Sponsorship or living accommodation
Both PC and Mac experience
Voice/speech recognition testing experiences
QA testing experiences
If you are interested in this opportunity, please reply with a current resume and expected hourly rate to apply soon.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Recruiting Lead, Business Development, Staffing
1820 Gateway Drive, Ste 330
San Mateo, CA 94404 USA
Follow us on LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.c...