The directions to The George Inn Yard are here
Join or login to comment.
Sounds great! I look forward to the New Year!
0 · December 13, 2013
It felt like we were more but just under 30 apparently. Thank you everyone who attended, it was a great evening, the last one of the year.
7 native speakers15 intermediate speakers5 regular speakers
We will see each other in the New Year, no meetups until then since most members will be away. I will be in France myself.
Next meetup will be on the 2nd Wednesday of January, probably at the Old King's Head near London Bridge.
A bit of a spoiler for the New Year, the Richmond German Meetup group aka Rheinischer Quatch an Thames is merging with my group. So come February we will have 4 meetups a month:
- 2nd Wednesday (London Bridge) - unchanged- 4th Wednesday (Marylebone) - unchanged- Last Sunday (West Kensington) - unchanged except that you can join us after the film because we always stay afterwards- First Sunday - will alternate with Richmond and Kingston, that's the new one for you guys, from February
Frohes Weihnachten, wir sehen uns nächtes Jahr!
0 · December 12, 2013
Leider, unerwartete Arbeit!
0 · December 11, 2013
Sorry, have to work unexpectedly late today.
We will meet at the George Inn Yard instead of our previous venue but it's on the same side of the street just about 40 meters further down the road inside a beautiful cobbled courtyard.
If this is your first time please visit the page with the directions and print the page out. It might come in handy if you are lost and need a taxi. When you are in the pub and can't find us call me on[masked]
0 · December 9, 2013
49 responded for tomorrow? I'm gonna have to buy more stickers again, oh bummer! :D
0 · December 10, 2013
The room at the Old King's Head will be booked for Christmas parties every night so let's meet at the George Inn Yard instead. That's only a few minutes down the road. The pub was renovated in the summer last year and it's a very nice place to meet.
I can't book a room or tables there but all I have to do is ask kindly the other patron to tell me when they are about to leave and we get their seats. Within an hour we have taken over the whole room and everybody who wants a seat has one so we'll manage just fine even without a booking.
0 · November 29, 2013
I'm in the US that week, but hopefully will make a few Wednesday Meetups in the future! Have fun!
You're learning German but you don't know anybody to practice with.
You used to speak German but it's all rusty now and you'd like to practice again.
You're new in town and meeting people who speak German just like seems a great idea.
Join us, we meet twice times a month:
- every 2nd Wednesday at The George Inn - main event
- every 4th Wednesday at The Harcourt Arms
We also meet on occasion for a picnic, to watch a German film or a football game when German or a German team plays at The Albion in West Kensington.
The venues might change on occasion as we try new things.
- The George Inn - 77 Borough High Street, London SE1 1NH or the Old King's Head on the same street, close to London Bridge Station!
- The Harcourt Arms - 32 Harcourt Street, London W1H 4HX, close to Paddington Station and Marylebone station!
- The Albion - 121 Hammersmith Road W14 0QL, close to Kensington Olympia Station!
See you soon, bis bald,
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers
Meetup members, Log in