addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Seattle German Language Meetup Group Message Board › looking for new ideas for new events and locations

looking for new ideas for new events and locations

Monika
user 7085659
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 5
Let's see if anybody has some ideas on new events or locations that we could visit? We will keep at least one recurring event but I would like to add some variety throughout the year where we meet outside, go for walks, hikes, Sunday Kaffee und Kuchen etc.

Please share your thoughts or preferences
A former member
Post #: 79
I live out of state and visit seattle occasionally. Maybe you could plan some visits to seattle symphony
Val
user 13371218
Seattle, WA
Post #: 7
I host plenty of Potlucks for Peaks http://www.meetup.com...­

So I could add potlucks for German (or in my case Austrian) food would be fun as well, but everybody has to make it, or buy real European food to be fun, like from Bratz, Larsens, Bavarian Meats, Hans's deli, Intl Deli in Bellevue (Russians) etc. (No QFC Deli stuff...)

It would be helpful to become an event or assisant organizer to post and manage events. Other possible eents I can host are sailing, hiking and snowshoeing.

Val
206-722-4216
A former member
Post #: 1
We could do a Sat morning hike at Cougar Mountain or somewhere and then afterwards turn in for lunch nearby.

I would also like to open my house to recurring Sunday potlucks at my house either Kaffee und Kuchen oder abendbrot - waere schoen!

Nica
A former member
Post #: 7
www.leavenworth.org Yes, it's a faux Bavarian town, but it's the closest replica we have
Christmas Lighting Festivals Dec weekends
?Snow Festival in Jan w/ ice carving, slushers, sled racing
For those who don't want to drive there is
Amtrak service from SEA
AAA has bus trips
Not sure if Greyhound/Trailways has service
Plus there's always carpooling w/ SUVs prefered in winter (Steven's Pass, snow & ice, chaining up)

Joint activity w/ Cinema Club
http://en.wikipedia.o...­ w/ Klaus Kinski

http://www.yelp.com/b...­
I remember them on Roosevelt next to the old Radio Shack/Scare Crow Video, looks like they moved

There are 7 German Restaurants in the Seattle Metro area per www.WhitePages.com
Nathan D.
user 6763444
Seattle, WA
Post #: 20
I would like to start attending gatherings. I plan to move to Germany or Austria next year and I need to begin honing my language skills. I would like someone to practice with. I work in Renton and live in Puyallup. I am planning to move up north to Seattle/Bellevue area in January/February. It would be nice even if it isn't the whole group, if one, or a few people would like to meetup weekly? Who would like to do that? Also, cultural events and some good German food is very attractive to me as well =D Monika, I am an avid hiker as well so hopefully the weather isn't too bad next month! Haha!!! I am actually going to Vienna this month for 2 weeks. I was there last summer for just a couple days and met my current gf who lives there. Does anyone have any sight seeing recommendations? Looking foward to meeting you all!!!
Monika
user 7085659
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
We have reached 700 members this week! We all know that probably half of them are inactive but nevertheless the trends are looking really good for this group. we have started posting new activities including events for families/children and there is a group meeting at the Hess Bakery now. The dinner at the Heidelberghaus was also great with about 25 hungry people showing up.

A German wine tasting is in the works and we should get ready for some outdoor or movie meetups.

Hope to see you at many more events!
A former member
Post #: 8
It's a day trip, but how about Leavenworth for Maifest

If you do not want to drive, there is carpooling, Amtrak, and ?GreyHound.

Lodging is expensive, but there are time shares like TrendWest, etc