Hi Get Geeky members!
This month marks the four year anniversary of the Get Geeky here in the South Bay. Four years ago I started the Get Geeky as a way to bring local tech and creative people together to meet and make connections. Low-key networking without the networking. We are over 200 members now, and I thought it would be a great time to celebrate! If you haven't been in awhile, this will be one night you won't want to miss.
This Feb. 19th, at 7PM, we'll be throwing a party, and I'd love to see you all there. We Labs in downtown Long Beach is sponsoring us and generously donating their amazing Coworking space for us to Get Geeky in. We have a lot in mind for that night. Here's what we have so far:
- We'll have a t-shirt screen printer on site to print Get Geeky t-shirts for everyone there. Just bring in a t-shirt or buy on that night at a very discounted rate. You'll have the first Get Geeky t-shirts ever made!
- We also have the OC Mini Maker Faire coming in and bringing some fun, geeky things to check out. Details aren't in yet, but we've discussed a 3D printer, robots, an Arduino set up, and maybe a Raspberry Pi. Sweet!
- We'll be live streaming whole night so you can make your friends online jealous.
- There will be music, food and drinks (what would a Get Geeky be without drinks!) and games to play.
- We're working on a video kiosk to shoot short clips of you sharing how you get your geek on. We'll put these together and share with the group, as well as push them to our Facebook page.
- WE Labs is also offering a free day pass to all Get Geeky members for that day. So you can come in Tuesday, get some work done in the coworking space, and then party up that night!
The Get Geeky has been a long-running success, and it's entirely because of you. You have made the group what it is so far, so come out and celebrate. This will be the biggest, most geeky night of the year for our group. If it goes well, we'll see if we can't add some more geeky things like the above to our regular meetups.
A HUGE thank you to our sponsors for the Night.
WE Labs is sponsoring the space and helping out with food, setup and more. They're amazing.
WE Labs provides a stimulating atmosphere for creative professionals to thrive through shared resources and knowledge. Our goal is to foster the connection between businesses and creative individuals as well as increase the productivity of our members, enhance their credibility and take their ambition to the next level. But the immediate advantage of being a WE Labs member is that you’re part of a supportive community that inspires, innovates, and collaborates together.
WE Labs (Work Evolution Laboratories)
105 W. Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90802
The Rohans are sponsoring food, drinks and the t-shirt printing for the night. Big props to an amazing duo!
The Rohans help businesses perform better online and build better relationships — by helping potential customers find you, easily interact with your site and engage / purchase with you.
On the development side, we create websites, mobile web sites, and complete web applications. For example, we can move your HTML site to a content management system, we can make updates and upgrades to your site, we can build complete startup web applications, add shopping carts — all things tech.
On the marketing side, we create and implement Business strategies focused around Content and Community Plans to improve website presence using targeted online tactics — specifically SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Social Media, Paid Search and Visitor Experience.
Call us for a consultation at [masked] or email us at[masked]. We look forward to hearing from you and helping your business take off.
The OC Mini Maker Faire is a one day event celebrating hands-on imagination, creativity and innovation including science, technology, art, engineering, toys and music. It's an event that will inspire people to explore, experiment, invent and look at the world in a whole new way. You are invited to join us as a Maker or to participate as an attendee. Attendees will be able to visit with Makers and talk with them about what they made as well as have the opportunity to do a variety of hands-on and Make-and-Take activities.
Scott Nelson of Sentax Solutions is sponsoring our music and video for the evening.
Scott Nelson, founder of local software company Sentax Solutions, will be showing off their software “vidio” which will play music and music videos for the anniversary event. They develop music and digital signage software that runs on an embedded PC platform that are installed in locations across world. Some known places are Dave & Buster’s and Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville. Recently they’ve been working on a jukebox concept that thinks outside of the typical juke“box”, and you’ll be able to see and play with it first hand at Get Geeky. For more information, visit www.vidiosoftware.com