This is a group for individuals aged 40+ interested in walking, cinema, theatre, music, art, history, dining and days out. It is about general socialising and making new friends.
• If you are going to an event then please consider your host and reply/keep up to date with your chosen events.
• All Members take part in events at their own risk.
• Members are encouraged to host events but Organisers reserve the right to withdraw any event or comment being hosted on the GoG platform.
• Want to be a member? Click on the JOIN button and complete the online forms
• You must upload and keep on the site a clear head and shoulders photo of you alone, unobscured ... so no sunglasses or visors please, not in a group and, for their safety, not containing children.
• We require contact details from all applicants.....You will be asked for your full name and postal address...e-mail address and mobile phone number.....In case of an accident/emergency when out on events it is advisable to carry contact details for your next of kin......please also put the number under ICE on your phone in case someone needs to ring for you. If your contact information is not given within 7 days of your application then you will be declined.
• You will be made a provisional member following your application. Provisional members are not allowed to bring guests and must make an effort to attend an event in the first 4 months or your provisional membership could be withdrawn. After you have met an organiser and we have got to know you then you may be invited to become a full member of the group.
• Guests may not attend as repeat +1’s. After one event as a +1 the guest can opt to apply to join the group as a Provisional Member.
• It is important for everyone to feel comfortable and included.....while friendships will form and members will partake in events outside the group it is not a good idea for cliques to develop in the group which could make new members feel like outsiders.....please try to include new members wherever possible especially at their first event.
• Please be aware that 3 no shows could result in your membership being withdrawn. A no show is where you have made a YES rsvp and then fail to turn up.....please remember to change your rsvp to a NO if you cant make it and try to do this 24hrs before the event.
• Your privacy is important so we do not take photographs of members at our events.
• Please be aware that if members do not attend meets that are displayed on the site for several months their membership could be cancelled...........if there is nothing in the diary that appeals to you then please put an event on that you wish to go to.....everyone in the group should try to put on a couple of events over the year.
• Please contact Dorothy initially if you have a question or if there is something about GoG you wish to discuss prior to joining or subsequently.
We have a Pastoral Care Organiser to whom you may be referred to assist you with any issues relating to membership.
There will be no joining fee in 2015 as we have sufficient funds to cover this.