This is a group for individuals aged 40+ interested in walking, cinema, theatre, music, art, history, dining and days out. It is about general socialising and making new friends. Members who do not participate regularly in events will not be invited to renew their annual membership. 3 no shows and you will be removed from the group.
• If you are going to an event then please consider your host and reply/keep up to date with your chosen events.
• All Members take part in events at their own risk.
• Paid Members are encouraged to host events but Organisers reserve the right to withdraw any event or comment being hosted on the GoG platform.
• The 2014/15 joining fee is £5, seasonal variations may apply as set out in your Welcome email.
• Membership fees are paid annually in February, 2015/16 fees TBA.
• Want to be a member? Click on the JOIN button and complete the online forms
• You must upload and keep on the site a clear head and shoulders photo of you alone, unobscured ... so no sunglasses or visors please, not in a group and, for their safety, not containing children.
• We require contact details from all applicants.
• You will be made a temporary provisional member following your application. Before your provisional membership expiry date you need to pay the joining fee. If you leave or are removed from the group within 28 days of paying the joining fee then your fee will be repaid. No refunds will be made afterwards.
• Only one provisional membership is allowed per person. Re-applicants must then expect to pay their joining fee upfront before their application is approved.
• Provisional members must have attended a meeting and met an organiser before they can bring guests
• Guests may not attend as repeat +1’s. After one event as a +1 the guest can opt to apply to join the group as a Provisional Member when they will have up to 13 weeks in which to decide whether or not to join as a paid member.
• Paid members have priority with RSVP’s. There will be an order of priority followed if an event becomes over-subscribed. Priority for attendance:
1) Paid Members
2) Provisional Members
3) Guest +1’s
• Please contact Dorothy initially if you have a question or if there is something about GoG you wish to discuss prior to joining or subsequently.
We have a Pastoral Care Organiser to whom you may be referred to assist you with any issues relating to membership.