It's our 4th Annual Holiday Meetup! As is our tradition, our Holiday Meetup will be more informal than our regular meetups, but you're still welcome to bring questions, topics, problems, etc. Here's the plan... Can't have a holiday get together without food! I'll bring cookies, milk and cups. Feel free to bring a holiday treat, if you'd like, but please don't feel like you have to bring anything except yourself. If you do plan on bringing something, please post a comment on the Dec Meetup page so we don't end up with 300 napkins. What would you like to discuss in the coming year? Give it some thought, and bring your top 5-10 suggestions for topics you'd like to learn more about. We're planning presentations on marketing and e-learning. What's your 'Top Ten of 2010' list? We'd like to know! Join in our holiday tradition. Like a year in review, or Letterman's countdown, bring a geeky top ten list to share with the group - you decide the subject. Some ideas: top ten tools you use for web design/dev, top ten sites I use, favorite social networking sites, pet peeves on the web, examples of good design, examples of dastardly design, helpful books, organizations, etc . . . We'll have a laptop and a projector in case you'd like to demo things on the web. A few announcements: IvyCat is offering 25% off Web Hosting for Web Meetup members! Just enter the coupon code ghwdm11 when signing up @ ivycat.com/hosting/web-hosting/ Bill Branson of Strategic Business Architects is offering a Free 5 day mini course 5 Steps to a Better Business Business Owners: Don't Start 2011 Without A Plan! Most business owners will start another year without a plan. Not the kind of complicated plan used to get financing, but a simple written plan focused on making their business better. Stuck in the day to day operations of their business they can't seem to find the time to think strategically about their business. They'll do the same things year after year, never realizing the full potential their business has to offer. Make 2011 different! Get focused on things that really matter, things that take your business to the next level right from the start. Let me help you think strategically about where you are taking your business. Get your business intentions out of your head and on a page - fast. Turn your intentions to action: action steps well-grounded in where your business is going. My complimentary mini course, 5 Steps to a Better Business, helps you zero in on the key factors for a thriving business in just a few minutes each day. Over the next 5 days you will learn:
- How to attract your perfect clients
- One of the mistakes the majority of business leaders make
- A little known secret for improving your business
- One of the biggest reasons business owners fail
- What it takes to build a successful business VOXUS in Tacoma has a few office spaces to sublet. They're loving their swanky new digs, but it's larger than what they need at the moment. The offices range from $225-400 per month, depending on square footage, and includes all utilities (including WiFi) and usage of the conference room and kitchen areas. If anyone is interested in learning more, they can call Paul Forecki at [masked]. Creative types are particularly welcome! We'd love to see you next Wednesday for our last Meetup of the Year. If you can't make it, we hope you have a Happy Holiday season, and we look forward to seeing you next year.