Apr 16, 2013 · 7:00 PM
Pre-requisite: Because jQuery interacts with HTML elements, we suggest either having a working knowledge of HTML, or taking the HTML/CSS class, as a pre-requisite for this course.
This 3-class jQuery course runs on the following schedule (note this is a new schedule due to a last-minute change in the course):
Class 1: Intro to jQuery - Tuesday, April 16th from 7-9pm
- Why use jQuery?
- jQuery Basics:
- Downloading & including jQuery
- the jQuery function and its shorthand, $
- Selecting HTML elements
- Modifying HTML elements
- Hiding and revealing elements
- Fading elements in and out
Class 2: Adding Content, Creating Animations, & Responding to User Actions- Tuesday, April 23rd from 7-9pm
- How to add new elements to, or remove them from you website with add() and remove()
- Animating changes to CSS properties with animate()
- How to use callbacks to write custom code in response to user actions (click, scroll, keypress, etc)
Class 3: UI Widgets (Menus, Progressbars, Date Pickers), and AJAX - Tuesday, April 30th from 7-9pm
- The jQuery UI Library
- Accordion Menus
- What is AJAX?
- Using AJAX for single-page applications
- Additional topics as time permits!
Note: When you register, you MUST provide your first and last name for security at AOL. You will check in at the front desk before going up to the 5th floor.
Please note our refund policy: Your payment of $70 guarantees your seat in the entire course (all three dates). If something changes after registration and you cannot attend the course, you must notify us at least 3 days before the first class to receive a refund. If you have to miss a class, we will provide code from class and any slides, but we do not offer partial refunds based on individual class absences.