April 14, 2011 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Want to learn how to build your own website? Already have your own Tumblr/Wordpress/etc site, but want to have more control over it? Interested in learning to program but want to start small? This class is for all of you!
We will guide you through the basics of HTML and CSS, give you some readily-applicable skills, and answer any questions you may have along the way.
This 4-class HTML/CSS course runs for four Thursdays. We will be SKIPPING the week of 4/21. Here are the class dates:
- Class 1, HTML Basics: Thursday, April 14th, 7-9pm
- Class 2, Introduction to CSS: Thursday, April 28th
- Class 3, CSS Positioning and Page Layout: Thursday, May 5th
- Class 4, Tips, Tricks, and Common Web Layouts: Thursday, May 12th
If you do not have a laptop, please email [masked] so we can try and secure a loaner for you.
If you are bringing your own laptop, we ask that you install the following on it prior to class:
- Aptana, a web development tool. *NOTE* If you are on a Mac and are running OS 10.4, Aptana requires at least OS 10.5. A free alternative you can use instead is Komodo Edit.
Also, please install either Chrome, Safari, or Firefox + Firebug:
- Firebug, a Firefox extension with a plethora of tools handy in web development
- Firefox browser
This course will take place at New Work City, which is nearest to the N/Q/R or A/C at Canal Street.
Please note our refund policy: Your payment of $80 guarantees your seat in the entire course. If something changes after registration and you cannot attend the course, you must notify us at least 3 days before the first class to receive a refund. If you have to miss a class, we will provide code from class and any slides, but we do not offer partial refunds based on individual class absences.