February 21, 2013 · 7:00 PM
Want to learn how to build your own website? Already have your own Tumblr/Wordpress/etc site, but want to have more control over it? Interested in learning to program but want to start small? This class is for you!
We will guide you through the basics of HTML and CSS, give you some readily-applicable skills, and answer any questions you may have along the way.
The course will be taught by Alexis Goldstein, author of the book "HTML5 and CSS3 for the Real World".
Note: When you register, you must provide your first and last name for entrance into the AOL building. You will need to check in at the front desk before going to the 5th floor.
Because we must have the class list in advance, registration closes the day before this class.
This 4-class HTML/CSS course runs for four Thursdays:
- Class 1, Introduction to HTML: Feb 21, 7-9pm
- Class 2, Introduction to CSS: Feb 28, 7-9pm
- Class 3, HTML, beyond the basics: Mar 7, 7-9pm
- Class 4, CSS, layouts and formatting: Mar 14, 7-9pm
Please install the following prior to class:
- Aptana version 3, a web development tool. (For Macs, requires at least OS v10.5. A free alternative you can use if you are on OS 10.4 is Komodo Edit.)
Also, please install either Chrome, Safari, or Firefox + Firebug:
- Firebug, a Firefox extension with a plethora of tools handy in web development
- Firefox browser
You can take a sneak peak at the material here: http://www.girldevelopit.com/materials. Look for the HTML and CSS core curriculum.