All advance tickets sold out, but there will be about 10 at the door tickets, so get there early if you didn't get a ticket already.
Join us for an evening of mapping and holiday cheer. Listen to presentations, join a map hack, and explore the Unbuilt exhibit. Enjoy food, beverages and celebrate the end of the year with fellow mappers!
RSVP - Space is limited and filling up. Special pricing for current students ($5) and SPUR members ($8).
• Complimentary food and beverages
• Presentations (details below)
• Unbuilt Sewers of San Francisco - Greg Braswell, SFPUC
• Sea-level Rise: Raster in the Browser - Damon Burgett, SF Port Authority
• Stamen Design Projects - Stamen Team
• Maptime Open Hack Breakout - Bring your laptop! Proposed Theme: Help map to benefit aid relief in the Philippines
• Interact with Google Earth Engine and Landsat Timelapse
• Realtime demo of GIS on Mobile Devices - Ragi Burhum, Amigo Cloud
• Unbuilt San Francisco exhibit
GISEC is a small nonprofit with a mission to lead, engage, and mobilize the Bay Area geo-community. Come support our effort. Ticket sales help cover the host space, food and beverages. Please RSVP promptly so we can assure there’s enough goodies for everyone. Interested in volunteering? Contact Jennifer at [masked].
Holiday attire encouraged but not required :)
See you there!
Mono Simeone, Jennifer Gorospe, Cari Westbrook, and the GIS Education Center team!
• Greg Braswell: Unbuilt Sewers of San Francisco
Local sewer historian Greg Braswell will briefly present an overview of SF sewer planning, along with art and photography of our current system.
• Damon Burgett: Raster in the Browser
A quick overview of an experimental method to utilize raster data and basic analyses in web mapping, specifically looking at interactive sea level rise inundation mapping for the Bay.
• Stamen Design: Current SF Projects
Updates on new maps created jointly with the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy and mapping social media in local parks.
• Maptime Open Hack Breakout: All levels of OpenStreetMap users welcome, including newbies. Bring your laptop to participate! Proposed Theme: fulfill map needs for aid relief in post-typhoon Philippines.
• Google Earth Engine Landsat Timelapse: Pick a location and explore planetary changes over the past 30 years. Showing on the big screen!
• GIS & Mobile Devices with Amigo Cloud: Experience the future of mobile mapping at your fingertips with Ragi Burhum.