align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Glass Half Full Message Board › Meetup details updated: Private Wine Tasting @ The Wine Cellar!

Meetup details updated: Private Wine Tasting @ The Wine Cellar!

Amanda
aefuller2000
Beaverton, OR
Hi All,

Just a little encouragement for you to sign up for Thursday's Tasting. I'm a big fan of people taking a risk and pursuing their passion. Independent small businesses are the embodiment of that decision. Our nation is built on small businesses.

The small winery and wine shops are a beautiful blend of dreams and passion coming together. I know that many of us often look for the wine sale at our local big box retailer but you would be surprised at the values you can get on small boutique LOCAL wineries at your local wine shop.

If half the employed population spent $50 each month in locally owned independent businesses, it would generate more than $42.6b in revenue.For every $100 spent locally owned independent stores, $68 returns to the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditures. If you spend that at a national chain, only $43 dollars stays here.

As for the wines on Thursday:

• La Velle Pinot Gris (Oregon)
  • Heydon Road Cabernet (Oregon's best valued red last year)
  • Bowlus Hills Syrah (Washington)
  • 2008 La Bete Pinot Noir- Croft Vineyard (Oregon)
  • Pomum Shya Bordeaux Blend (Walla Walla)
  • Penfolds Club Tawny Port (Australia)

I truly hope that you come out and enjoy some great people and wines all while helping others to pursue their passion.

When: Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: The Wine Cellar
13486 NW Cornell Rd
Portland, OR 97229
(503) 643-5655

Price: $22.00 per person

Cheers,

Amanda

Amanda
aefuller2000
Beaverton, OR
Post #: 33
Oh, and there will be snacks!!!

Hi All,

Just a little encouragement for you to sign up for Thursday's Tasting. I'm a big fan of people taking a risk and pursuing their passion. Independent small businesses are the embodiment of that decision. Our nation is built on small businesses.

The small winery and wine shops are a beautiful blend of dreams and passion coming together. I know that many of us often look for the wine sale at our local big box retailer but you would be surprised at the values you can get on small boutique LOCAL wineries at your local wine shop.

If half the employed population spent $50 each month in locally owned independent businesses, it would generate more than $42.6b in revenue.For every $100 spent locally owned independent stores, $68 returns to the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditures. If you spend that at a national chain, only $43 dollars stays here.

As for the wines on Thursday:

• La Velle Pinot Gris (Oregon)
  • Heydon Road Cabernet (Oregon's best valued red last year)
  • Bowlus Hills Syrah (Washington)
  • 2008 La Bete Pinot Noir- Croft Vineyard (Oregon)
  • Pomum Shya Bordeaux Blend (Walla Walla)
  • Penfolds Club Tawny Port (Australia)

I truly hope that you come out and enjoy some great people and wines all while helping others to pursue their passion.

When: Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:00 PM

Where: The Wine Cellar
13486 NW Cornell Rd
Portland, OR 97229
(503) 643-5655

Price: $22.00 per person

Cheers,

Amanda