Topic: The Business of Web Development
Presenters: You and me! (possibly a few specific presenters to be announced)
The Business of Web Development
In a round table format involving everyone present so that we can learn from each other... We'll discuss some of the following topics, starting with those most burning to those in attendance:
- Different business structures for internet professionals: Solo/Freelance, Collaborative, Agency..., pros, cons, and issues to be aware of for each
- Lessons learned from clients and best practices for managing clients and projects
- Billing practices and Contracts
- Finding clients
- Managing small vs. large projects
- Other suggestions? Send 'em to me!
6:00 PM Introductions, and a chance to tell us what you are looking for or ask a question of the group to draw on our collective experience
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM Presentation & discussion
7:30 - 7:45 Wrap up and final go-around
7:45 Meeting officially adjourned, though many members stick around to continue the discussion, collaborate with others, and follow up on connections made.
Donation of $1 or $2 requested to cover our Meetup fee. Thank you to all who have contributed in the past, every bit makes a difference! The donation is not required, so don't let that stop you from coming...