Dec 6, 2012 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Nathan White who has worked with learnboost.com, getprismatic.com and cloudera.com will be talking with us about MongoDB and Node.JS.
MongoDB is a scalable, high-performance, open source NoSQL database. MongoDB tries to find the sweet spot in terms of scalability & performance while providing a featured rich toolset traditionally found only in RDBM systems.
Nathan will be talking about using MongoDB with Node.JS
- Why MongoDB?
- The world is not flat. (Solving problems with objects not tables)
- Basic MongoDB setup & administration
- Why Node.js?
- Event based architecture. (Thinking asynchronously)
- Intro to Mongoose: A ODM for managing and modeling MongoDB in Node.JS
- Why model a schema-less DB?
- Solving real world problems (Live Coding)
- Questions & Answers.
There will be a MongoDB book giveaway at the end of the talk. (along with plenty of stickers).
And join us at Coopersmiths after the Meetup for a beverage and continued conversation. All are invited.