On October 24, we will join with more than a thousand rallies around the globe calling attention to the need to reduce CO2 levels down to 350 parts per million – considered to be the safe level in order to avoid the worst effects of global climate change. More details will follow, but here’s what is planned so far:
Time: 7:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Note: The hikes, 5K, and bike rallies begin at 7:00 AM. Registration for all other activities begins at 9:00 AM.
Where: Outdoor Education Center, located in Irvine Regional Park, 2 Irvine Park Drive, Orange, CA
• Enter the 5K Walk - hosted by the United Nations Association - USA, Orange County Chapter
• Join in the hike beginning at Irvine Regional Park - hosted by the Sierra Club
• Join an OC bike club on a ride (from various locations throughout OC) to the Outdoor Education Center
• Participate in the tree planting and educational program - hosted by the Outdoor Education Center
• Participate in the aerial photo of the number 350 that will be uploaded to the 350.org website
• Participate in a yoga class
• Eco-Friendly exhibits
• Guest Speakers include:
o OC Clergy who have signed the Creation Protection Agreement
o Local Politicians that are working to reduce CO2 emissions.
• Keynote address: Chris Prelitz, sustainable architecture, author, and activist
$10 event and lunch ($15 on site) / $10 5K only / $20 event and 5K
For advance tickets and more info, visit: http://www.ocice.org/...
This event is a coordinated effort by the following OC organizations:
- The Orange County Interfaith Coalition for the Environment
- Earth Resource Foundation
- United Nations Association-USA, Orange County Chapter
- Sierra Club
- Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center