Going GREEN in Orange County, CA Message Board › Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' Comes to the Big Screen in San Juan Capistrano on Sept

Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' Comes to the Big Screen in San Juan Capistrano on September 14th

A former member
Post #: 33
Hello Sustainability Advocates,

I am producing the revival of Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' on the big screen at Regency San Juan Capistrano Theater every second Wednesday of the month. This month, September 14th, might be of particular importance to you. The episode is 'Heaven and Hell' in which Dr. Sagan explains the devastating results of the Greenhouse Effect as is evidenced on the planet Venus. I hope you can come out to see the episode. Prof. Oded Aharonson from CalTech will present the episode and exhibit slides and clips of the surface of various planets.

In October we will have the small scale Mars Exploration Rover on loan from the JPL Museum.

I will also have a demonstration of boxes from the Tree Life Box company owned by the foremost authority on mycology, Dr. Paul Stamets. The box is sturdy and can be used for shipping but the cardboard is imbedded with tree seeds. Once it has been used, it can then be torn up into pieces, planted in the ground. The trees will start growing in a matter of weeks. The boxes serve a double purpose. It's an extremely innovative idea. There will be samples and brochures in Rick's Cafe on the upper level before and after the screening.

Hope to see you there. FLYER OF EVENT